Ss Is Gone

Well, I finally parted with my SS. After 106k miles and lots of fun, it was time to move on, especially with my changing career and needs. 13mpg just didn't fit the bill any longer. I must have test drove everything out there. I even had a momentary lapse of judgement and "almost" bought a Caliber SRT4. Thank my finace for talking me out of that one. I dont regret letting that one slip through my hands. I came close to pulling a trigger on a CTS V (2005 model), but was hesitating because of known issues with them and the miles on the one I was looking at (64k and they were asking way too much). Test drove SUV's, but those didnt make much sense any more with my fiance having a trailblazer to tow the boat etc.

So what did I end up with?

Well...two letters sums it up...

GT

Yeah, I had to some power and fun factor, but needed something somewhat practical. So I got a call this past Monday from the dealership we have bought cars from for years. The used car guy, Jim, has been there for 12 years (thats a miracle in auto sales, but he is good, real good at finding what people want). He told me I had to rush down and look at this car he just took in on trade (its a former Pontiac dealership, now a Buick/GMC). I get there and there it is...a 2009 Panther Black Metallic G8 GT. Price was right, color was right, and a 5 minute test drive told me all I needed to know. Picked it up Wednesday night and although I miss the truck...man is this thing a sweet car. I know its a little slower than my truck, but I don't care, it rides so much better, the handling, it definetly is a "best bang for buck" car. I will always miss the SS and I certainly miss the supercharger and AWD, but the G8 makes it a little less hard to miss. I will be getting a tune for it asap, exhaust, and LT headers, should get me back to the 13.0-13.2 range again.

I'll grab some pics soon, it's been raining the last 24+ hours and the weekend outlook isnt good. Its 100% stock. I will also pick up the GXP diffuser which looks a lot more sporty.

MPG's? A lot better than the SS obviously. I was getting 13 average with the SS. I am getting 22-23 on the freeway at 75-80 and 18 around town. My DIC shows an overall average of 19.8. I run 93 in it even though it can take 87 with the stock tune. Some owners have seen 3 tenths improvement at the track just by switching over to 93 from 87.

Edited by Black2003SS (see edit history)