New Puppy

SS Silv

I thought you did not want an whimmpy dog :dunno: And you got a westie WTF? lol

I guess im just use to big dogs. The smallest dog i have ever had was a 90lb wolf/husky mix

I wouldn't consider a Westie a whimpy dog. For their size they are actually strong. They were originally bread for digging out foxes and badgers. I have actually heard of a badger kicking the shit out of my buddys chocolate lab...... I guess he was a wimpy dog too..

From Wikipedia:

Westies have deep chests, muscular limbs, a huge skull, a large black nose, a short and a closely fitted jaw with "scissors" bite (lower canines locked in front of upper canines, upper incisors locked over lower incisors).[5] Their teeth generally appear quite large for the size of the dog.[3][5] Westies have a very strong bone structure for their size.[5]

Big dogs do nothing for me. They smell, take huge shits, knock shit over, consume large amounts of food, destroy your house, destroy your lawn, and eat little children, etc...

Edited by SS Silv (see edit history)

Kirby is a great. Names ending in O and E (w/ the E sounding like a Y), the animal will recognize sooner than other names. Ive got numerous names for my beagle (Lakey, Snoopy Poopy; none of which are her real name) and she recgonizes them all. Reason for this theirs a dog napper around and she is the last female of her champion blood lines Sire and Dam.

• 1 month later...

He's growing up fast ... How is that Potty Training going?

Potty training has been going well. A lot less accidents in the house, and he is going up to the back door when he needs to go out. However I need to take your advice on the bell idea because he doesn't bark when he goes to the door and when I am busy I don't realize he is at the door and he will pee/poop right by the door. Buts thats my fault not his.

Potty training has been going well. A lot less accidents in the house, and he is going up to the back door when he needs to go out. However I need to take your advice on the bell idea because he doesn't bark when he goes to the door and when I am busy I don't realize he is at the door and he will pee/poop right by the door. Buts thats my fault not his.

The bell trick is FTW .... :dbanana::dbanana:

• 5 months later...

Here are some updated pics of Kirby. He is doing great and always makes us laugh with the things he does. Such a character.

Here he is guarding the brush, he didn't feel like being brushed today.

P1020054.jpg

Here is a good comparison photo

P1010811.jpg

P1020049.jpg

I am already looking for another one. He needs a friend.

Edited by SS Silv (see edit history)