Need Help Intercooler Pump Locked Up

I decided to change out my themostat last nite , It had an 86c in it. I think it converts to 186f and my temp gauge was always on 205. Put in the 160 and it was running 180 on the gauge. I decided to change the fluid in the intercooler and discovered the pump is locked up. p/n 31-12-00-0187. Anybody got a clue as where I can get an intercooler pump for my magnuson supercharger. Has manufactured by Reyes(I think that is the name of the manufacture) Its kind of hard to read.

Edited by 1quicktruck (see edit history)

and if you are dead set on using the stock lighning pump here it is at summit...

stock pump

Yep thats it, Thats what came off of my truck. It lasted 5yrs. Not too shabby. I appreciate all the help. I could not find any locally at the parts stores. It looks like the upgrade pump does not come complete so you have to spend more to get the correct fittings. I dont know if it would last any longer but those fittings are pretty pricey.

Edited by 1quicktruck (see edit history)

I don't think you would hurt anything by driving with the pump broken. Back when I had my Radix installed, the installer missed the "dummy fuse" so the pump got no power. It will hurt performance, though. I suppose in extreme situations it could make things more prone to pinging (hot weather, lots of full throttle driving). I think the computer will take care of keeping that from happening, though. Just take it a bit easy till you get it fixed and you are sure to have no worries.

Thanks for all the help. I did order a new pump from summit. I ordered the more expensive one as the original pump which was the same one on the ford was on backorder also ordered a new serpentine belt which another person posted a problem with and I had no clue as to what belt but thanks again for this site and its members I will be back in business again. Best site on the web......

• 2 weeks later...

Zippy also found that you could use the rear heater pump from a GM van, venture maybe?? there is a post. I think its cheaper?

This is correct. The Venture van that has the rear heat with a/c has a pump to get the coolant to the rear heater core and it is almost identical to the Magnacharger pump. I've used this pump and it is pretty much plug and play and flows just as well. Available from the GM dealer or many junkyards.