Heres A Little Sub Enclosure Im Building For The Sss

I have been wanting to spice up the tunes in my truck for awhile now. So here it goes. i'm building my own custom sub enclosure. Well Kurtis , Dustin , and I are building a custom sub enclosure. This is all new to us. We have built just normal old sub enclosures but nothing with fiberglass. so we figured what the heck lets give it a try. this is a learning experience for all of us and so far so good. its nothing that will be super loud just enough to have some kick. here is a ton of pictures. we already have about 9 hours into this. im sure we will end up with a ton more hours but its fun building it. :D heres the pictures. im sure people are going to wonder why i took the back seat out for this but at the end of the day it comes down to Nobody ever rides in the back of my truck. i bet there have only been a handful of time that anybody has ever ridden in the back of my truck. enough with the talk heres some pictures.

IMG_3867.jpg

IMG_3873.jpg

first we mocked it all up with cardboard to get the overall look we were going for.

IMG_3874.jpg

IMG_3878.jpg

IMG_3880.jpg

IMG_3882.jpg

IMG_3883.jpg

here i am cutting out some mounting rings. oh some much fun.

IMG_3884.jpg

heres kurt and dirty doin some work. i had to get some pics cause it doesn't happen to much

IMG_3886.jpg

more pictures. im a pictures whore :D this stuff doesn't happen over night but its a start.

IMG_3887.jpg

still just alot of mock up first.

IMG_3889.jpg

IMG_3892.jpg

IMG_3894.jpg

IMG_3896.jpg

IMG_3897.jpg

IMG_3900.jpg

IMG_3903.jpg

IMG_3904.jpg

IMG_3907.jpg

heres with the seat all the way back. which i sit close anyways so no problems for me.

IMG_3910.jpg

IMG_3911.jpg

IMG_3912.jpg

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

looks awesome man. those kicker l7's are bitchin!!!! they need like 1.5 sq ft right? what are yall doin to actually enclose the box? are you just using that as the base?

yes. wht we have so far is just the base. i have cut all my sub rings and now its time to mount those with some wood legs. im mounting them at a little angle so i can have some curves in the box for the fleece and then fiberglassing. the top will be color matched and the bottom will have dark grey cloth of some sort.

Edited by shawnss (see edit history)

looks like you got a nice little project comin along. cant wait to see finished. im about to start my new box for my truck for 4 10's while keeping the seats. did in last truck but sold box.

ive seen a box where a guy put two solo 15s L7s under his back seat. but he raised it over 4 inch's. i trying to make the truck a little more show worthy. so that why i want to use the entire back half of the cab. i picked up all my fiberglass and resins today. its not cheap building these thing. i already have over $250 in it and ive got a lot of stuff yet. i wont be able to work on it until later this week. i will post more pictures later this week.

heres a little up date. well i have been hard at it all day. sorry i didnt get pictures up sooner. i spent the whole day working on this. its been tons of fun now i can really see it all coming together. heres a few pics. it is far from over. this is to the point where its going to make it or break it. i have tons of fiberglass on it now. now the body filler time.

IMG_4015.jpg

heres a amp ring. its the little things that count

IMG_4020.jpg

IMG_4025.jpg

IMG_4034.jpg

IMG_4038.jpg

IMG_4044.jpg

IMG_4050.jpg

added some fleece for the shape.

IMG_4060.jpg

heres the first layer of fiberglass. we ended with 3 layers of glass.

IMG_4071.jpg

heres kurt sanding out some ruff edges.

IMG_4088.jpg

heres were it sit as of right now. just letting the body filler cure. tomorrow the fun starts. making it smooth will take the most time.

this is a very important step. ill post more tomorrow night it should be looking better by then.

looks sweet man you decide what color your going to paint it.

i think im going to color match the top and the bottom where it doesn't have fiberglass its going to be dark grey carpet to match the truck.

this is where i left it tonight. as you can see its starting to take its shape. i should have all the sanding done tomorrow. im hoping for some primer some time this weekend.

IMG_4094.jpg

IMG_4098.jpg

IMG_4101.jpg

heres my little helper. not really my wife just wanted to get a picture of him. every time id turn around he would pick up the sanding block and try to start sanding.

IMG_4105.jpg