Help On Choosing Amp

Hey all, im looking for some advice on a budget friendly amp for these speakers im about to get. any insight/opinions are much appreciated. Thanks

Speakers:

6-3/4''- Alpine SPX-17PRO

4x6's - Alpine SPS-406

If anyone has suggestions on a different set of 4x6's, please dont hesitate!

i have had great luck with mtx thunder or mtx thunder elite. and also with alpine. just get a 4ch with 40 or more rms. dont worry about peak power it means nothing

you think 40 rms to each channel will be enough? do you know if the amp has anything to do with sound quality?

also, will a 4 channel amp cover the tweeters too? im not too "amp-knowledgable" haha

The more power the better, I run at least 150w/ch to my fronts. IMO a big power 4 channel amps are hard to come by(expensive). When someone brings me a 4channel I usually bridge it to the front speakers, it will at least double the power to them, if not quadruple (ex. my alpine amp runs... 40x4@4 ohms = 80x4@2 ohms = 160x2@2 ohms).

The rears, especially 4x6s aren't gonna put out that much, only alot of tweet, which your ears aren't designed to hear from behind you anyway. Just run em deck power.

Buy as big of a 2 channel amp as you can afford to run the 6 1/2s. or if you have a 4 channel, bridge it.

And if you haven't bought speakers yet, look into getting 5 1/4 for the rear(sps600 are nice), it's not hard to cut out the rear doors to fit the 5 1/4, way better sound then the 4x6's.(I used to charge an extra hour labor to cut it out).

alright, what would be required to fit 5 1/4's in the rear doors? and Ive got a pretty big amp in mind..its 100x4 at 4 ohms, and 250x4 at 2 ohms, should be enough i think..

for the 5 1/4's i should wire them to the amp right? 4x6's only to the headunit?

alright, what would be required to fit 5 1/4's in the rear doors? and Ive got a pretty big amp in mind..its 100x4 at 4 ohms, and 250x4 at 2 ohms, should be enough i think..

for the 5 1/4's i should wire them to the amp right? 4x6's only to the headunit?

To get 5 1/4's in the rear doors requires cutting out the 4x6 hole, its not bad only have to make it an inch wider and drill holes for the mounting screws. An air saw makes quick work of it.

Rears aren't that important, we just call that rear fill, but if you have a good 4 channel you can amp them, 100w/ch isn't bad. But an amped 5 1/4 is sure a lot better then an amped 4x6, at least you can get some mid bass out of them.

arent those sps600's 6.5'' speakers?

do you think there is enough depth to mount http://www.onlinecarstereo.com/CarAudio/p_18521_Alpine_SPX-13REF.aspx ?

Ya sorry, meant the sps500. Pretty tough to put separates back there unless you want to cut a hole in the panel for the tweeter. The grill is only 4x6. Those are nice speakers but way overkill IMO.

yeah, I plan on flush mounting the tweeter somewhere, there wouldnt be any problems with the depth or anything of those speakers right? thats what i meant to ask

No there's lots of room in those doors, the windows don't roll down.