Headin' West Soon

BOB47

:dunno: Wife and I are heading to Yellowstone soon. Probably going to take I-80 out and come back the northern route through Montana, North dakota, Minnesota, Wisconsin back to Michigan.

Taking 2 weeks and just going. Nothing really planned so we're free to stop anywhere. What are some good things to see? Other than Yellowstone and the Grand Tetons I don't know what else is out there.

Let me hear your "must sees"

If you're into National Parks, you MUST SEE Glacier National Park in Montana! One if the highlights is driving the Going-to-the-Sun Road. The road is only open for 1 month out of the year, usually around June, so if you get the opportunity, TAKE IT.

Also, Badlands National Park in South Dakota is supposed to be pretty spectacular. I'd recommend passing through there as well.

You can find more info here: U.S. National Park Service

I envy you! Have fun on your trip! cool.gif

Two summers ago, rode the Harley to Yellowstone, stopped in Jackson Hole WY, great town, Grand Tetons were awesome, by far the best part of the trip. Cody Wyoming is also a great town, lots to see and do, If you're into guns the Winchester museum is there. Yellowstone was pretty cool, lots to see as well, only spent two days in the actually Park itself, check out the "Grand Canyon" of Yellowstone. Saw every kind of animal except Grzzly Bears, Ranger said they are usually in the north end of the park. I would reccomend at least three days in the park, we only spent two and didn't see half of of it. Have a great trip and let us know how it was when you get back!

Thanks for the replies. Gonna check out the Tetons for sure and whatever else catches our eye. Should be fun. I'll be posting up lots of pics I'm sure when we get back.