Paint Chipping...

:confused: When I bought my SS from the dealer the front brake cooling ducts were already painted to match my truck. Now the paint is chipping off of them! Could the dealership repaint mine or just order new ones with no paint on them! What do you guys recomend I do? Thanks...

Did you buy your SS new or used? If it was used I dont think the dealer can be held responsible for the paint chipping, but if they want to keep your business I'm sure they will do what they can to make you happy. :thumbs:

If you buy a used anything from a dealership they are suppose to certify that everything on the vehicle is of OEM spec. That is why you pay more at a dealerships typically, because of the garantee. If something is falling short of this, they should have replaced it to OEM spec before they sold it to you or take care of it within the time of the warrrenty they gave you. just my opinion.

If you buy a used anything from a dealership they are suppose to certify that everything on the vehicle is of OEM spec. That is why you pay more at a dealerships typically, because of the garantee. If something is falling short of this, they should have replaced it to OEM spec before they sold it to you or take care of it within the time of the warrrenty they gave you. just my opinion.

:withstupid:

Take the four screws of each duct off and remove them, scuff them up with a scotchbrite pad, wash them in hot soapy water, rinse, the blow dry with compressed air. Wipe down with denatured alcohol and paint them with no primer Krylon rattlecan paint. ( the one with the flex agent in it) It's as good as any other paint and it'll chip off just as good! :jester:

Archived