My Hotel Hit By A Tornado...

Big Tim

I am currently in Norman, OK for on the job training, and we had a bit of weather roll through last night. My hotel actually got hit by the tornado, but it was very weak when it hit here. Luckily we had no injuries or damage, but others weren't so lucky. Before the tornado hit us, it caused quite a few car accidents on hwy. 9 and, from what I'm told, wrecked a boat dealer less than a quarter mile away. There were pictures on the news of SOFTBALL size hail. Luckily for us, we had no hail, but I know some people from the site live near here. Did everyone here come out ok?

They keep showing a video on the news of cars getting blown around on the highway, and the video was taken less than 1/8th of a mile from the hotel. There was a boat dealer in the background of the video that supposedly lost its entire inventory. I sure hope they have insurance. I haven't been driving around to see the damage, maybe this weekend.

I am currently in Norman, OK for on the job training, and we had a bit of weather roll through last night. My hotel actually got hit by the tornado, but it was very weak when it hit here. Luckily we had no injuries or damage, but others weren't so lucky. Before the tornado hit us, it caused quite a few car accidents on hwy. 9 and, from what I'm told, wrecked a boat dealer less than a quarter mile away. There were pictures on the news of SOFTBALL size hail. Luckily for us, we had no hail, but I know some people from the site live near here. Did everyone here come out ok?

We were okay down in Wichita Falls, TX. Just some rain around town.

That same storm cell literally exploded right above Wichita Falls and moved North East FAST!!

Edited by Bad Bowtie (see edit history)