Where to order new LCD TV at a nice discount?

Black03SS_NJ

I am about to spend $2,500-$3,000 on a new TV, specifically the new Sony LCD rear projection unit that is only 17" deep. Anyway, this unit is about $3200 at Best buy with a nice 18mo payment plan. However, I have found about 30 internet based companies that sell this TV for anywhere from $2400-$3000 (like Abe's of Maine, plasmaforless, pcandplasma.com, etc), depending on shipping.

I would sure like to save a few hundred bucks on the TV, but I want to make sure I purchase from a reputable place. Can anyone recommend a good discount establishment? Thanks for the help!

if i bought one of those i would not want to ship it...you never know what can happen during transit. it you buy it from a store you have some place to go back at bitch if need be...

not a big fan of plasma's either way...they burn out just like projector bulbs..and there is no way to really replace them...besides spending another 3grand to get a new one...my rents had one burn out on them not knowing it would happen..they were stuck buying a new one because the wall was designed with a counter sunk area for the TV...

I agree about the Plasmas...this is actually an LCD rear-projection set that just came out. It is still big like a rear-projection, but not nearly as deep - only like 17" vs close to 30". The tube which burns out is easily replaceable (no expert TV guy needed).

It's pretty cool, here's a link: 50" Grand WEGA™ LCD Rear Projection TV

I'm not sure what local electronic stores you have around you, but some of them are willing to deal a little. I've been looking at the smaller 42" Sony LCD and the local HH Gregg is willing to take $300 off of list.

Sometimes the smaller home theater shops will be willing to cut you a bit of deal if you try them. It never hurts to ask if they can cut you a break off the price, the worst they can do is tell you no. Good Luck :thumbs:

I am VP for Just In Time Audio/Video. We're one of the top distributors in the nation for alot of the electronics manufactures. I can hook you up much better than anyone of these "internet retailers".

FYI: We're the ones on MONSTER HOUSE that donate the plasma TV's etc. on most of the episodes. "A 5.1 surround sound system and 42'' HDTV courtesy of Just In Time!" - as Steve Watson would say!

Questions? PM me... you don't need to buy thru me, but at least let me give you some unbaised advice. :cool:

.... I forgot to mention....

Anyone else ever looking for A/V stuff or home theater advice (or discounts) feel free to drop me a line... SPECIAL SS DISCOUNTS! Or if you just need some advice I'm always more than happy to help. :cheers:

That SONY projection LCD is the same TV that i have and i love it. This is the best TV i have ever owned, plus this model has better picture quality than last years XBR model. i ended up buying mine at Circuit City, believe it not. They actually had a store wide sale going, so i wheeled and dealed, and ended of talking them down from 2899 to 2549. So i am happy. Good Luck :thumbs:

Archived