Ls3 Heads And Intake

Has anyone swapped for an LS3 heads and intake setup on their 6.0L? I'm really interested in doing this upgrade and was wondering what all would have to be changed for instance wiring and fuel delivery and what kind of gains. From what I have heard its a worthy upgrade to consider especially if you plan to boost later on.

Water pump will prolly have to be changed to a car style. Some wiring changes, fule line depending on year. Prolly a few more things but shouldnt be to bad. Im shure someone will chime in that has done this. Good luck if you do it and keep us posted.

the Gen Iv heads will fit on the 6.0l

depending on your year you will need to pick a route for the fuel lines, either mod the geniv lines to a return style or if you are newer you might already have the returnless set-up.

the MAP will need to get lengthened, I had to unwrap part of the harness and take the two map wires out so they would reach and then re-tape them up. no cutting, dont like to make any wiring issues.

I have little info on the actual car intake on a truck acessory drive

I saw all of the intakes dyno'd on a online mag (looking) and it said the truck was better for TQ and very close to the gians of running a FAST LSXR intake.

If you boost later, then your cam selection will be important along with your converter. Are you doing trans mods too??

the Gen Iv heads will fit on the 6.0l

depending on your year you will need to pick a route for the fuel lines, either mod the geniv lines to a return style or if you are newer you might already have the returnless set-up.

the MAP will need to get lengthened, I had to unwrap part of the harness and take the two map wires out so they would reach and then re-tape them up. no cutting, dont like to make any wiring issues.

I have little info on the actual car intake on a truck acessory drive

I saw all of the intakes dyno'd on a online mag (looking) and it said the truck was better for TQ and very close to the gians of running a FAST LSXR intake.

If you boost later, then your cam selection will be important along with your converter. Are you doing trans mods too??

I really need to do transmission work on my truck. i was wanting to keep the transmission that is in it but i don't know where to start on it. i'm wanting to start with a 6L block and go with LS3 head and intake and 408 or 427 stroker assembly

I would do the following:

Shift kit

Converter (circle D has a nice piece that is not too expensive for a single disc) stall speed?? 3000 if you only might go turbo, 3600 if you WILL go turbo. But the higher stall also sets you up if you wanted to run a Procharger.

Those mods will be in the same $$ as a cam swap. if you are happy with the direction then hit stage II the cam swap.

These trucks can feel completly different with trans work, a converter, and a good tune.

I would do the following:

Shift kit

Converter (circle D has a nice piece that is not too expensive for a single disc) stall speed?? 3000 if you only might go turbo, 3600 if you WILL go turbo. But the higher stall also sets you up if you wanted to run a Procharger.

Those mods will be in the same $$ as a cam swap. if you are happy with the direction then hit stage II the cam swap.

These trucks can feel completly different with trans work, a converter, and a good tune.

what shift kit do you prefer? how driver friendly would the 3k stall be?