Painted Fender Wells

The previous owner or maybe the dealer, painted the fenderwells black, on my '03 Victory red. The black is starting to peel and looks terrible with the red showing thru, just wanted to see what you guys have or have done, repaint black or try to remove what is left. dunno.gif

The previous owner or maybe the dealer, painted the fenderwells black, on my '03 Victory red. The black is starting to peel and looks terrible with the red showing thru, just wanted to see what you guys have or have done, repaint black or try to remove what is left. dunno.gif

That's the way they came from the factory..................I took all 4 wheels off of my truck, and cleaned up the wheel wells with simple green and a coarse brush...... then repainted mine black.....A simple little detail job like that will greatly improve the looks IMO....................... :cheers:

Hmm. My 03 Red SS has Red rear wheel wells.

I'm thinking about painting them black due to they didn't do a very good job on the wells, It's pretty thin in spots. But since lowering it you really don't see much of it no more so I'm in no hurry LOL

Good timing on this thread.

I just cleaned the front two fender wells on the SS.

The first one wasn't too bad. Had some undercoating sprayed on it that I got off with some scrubbing and brake cleaner. Well the second one looked like it had more undercoating on it than the whole frame does. So it is only 25% done. So I went to the parts store yesterday and got some aircraft paint remover.

I am going to be doin the removal of the undercoating in the wheel wells and sand blast most of the frame and suspension in order to put on some good black frame paint.

I say paint them black.

So were mine at one point.

That is why I have to strip off the undercoating that the previous owner applied or had applied.

I am going to use eastwoods ceramic frame paint for it to provide all around protection.

I am going with the black wells all the way around.