Ford 150 Raptor

chevygal

the truck isnt meant to be fast on orad but off road . with the new 6.2 in it i think it will be a decent truck. cant stand the grill but thats an easy fix. a real long travel truck(stock with aftermarket long travel kit/work) will always be better though

I think it is one of the most innovative trucks ever produced. Sure, its no Lightning or Syclone, but it does what it was designed to do well. There are no corners cut or cheap components on it. It has FOX racing shocks on it, some of the best shocks ever made. You can't take a truck off the lot and slap an off-road lift kit on it and come close to the Raptor. Yes, the original release engine is a joke, but the larger engine will be sufficient for its purposes. I would roll in one as a DD if it was affordable. Its pretty much the first turn key off-roader ever truly built and available from the factory. I cant find the article right now, but I read somewhere that if you were to take a regular 4x4 F150 off the lot and try to build it to be comparable to the Raptor (suspension and off-road capability wise), you would spend more than the Raptor cost, about 15-20% more. Maybe the article was wrong, who knows. Havent seen GM trying anything like this lately have we? Last special edition truck worth anything from GM was the Silverado SS and there is nothing in the pipeline that is remotely special.

the truck isnt meant to be fast on orad but off road . with the new 6.2 in it i think it will be a decent truck. cant stand the grill but thats an easy fix. a real long travel truck(stock with aftermarket long travel kit/work) will always be better though

the giant FORD on the grille is a bit much imo

Funny yall should say that, I like the grill quite a bit. I think its a good looking truck

I've seen 2 black ones and 1 orange one with the black splatter decal in the Boston area and it is a cool looking truck but the grille is where it loses me. Like Chase said though, that's an easy fix. I'm not a Ford fan by any means, but I think they did a cool job with the design of this truck. My problem is, from sheer appearance, this truck is built to be an off-road truck and most people are gonna buy it just cuz it looks cool. They'll never use it for what it's built for. They'll just wash them and never let them get dirty. Shame too cuz just by seeing it on the street and seeing the front suspension, it screams out that it will be only be happy by getting launched into the air off a rise in the dirt...

Then again, in a couple of years there will be some nice off-road used trucks that aren't beat in the market...

for what it's worth, the all black one looks nice.

Edited by KJT13 (see edit history)