The Sss Not So Ss?

So am I the only one here that thinks that the SSS is not worthy of the SS badging? Yes I know its a big heavy truck and what not but shouldn't a SS have some balls? I know with some work and money the SSS can be quick but stock its down right slow. I down know about yals kill history but ive been beaten by just about anything ive been up against including quite a few hondas. The SSS is more of a silverado extreme than a SS.

By definition, the SS plaque was not ment to be on the "fastest" vehicle, but one that had a balance of performance/style/power/luxury all in one. IMHO, the SSS meets those expectations, therefore yes it deserves the SS palque. The VHO, and VortecMAx don't have the style of the SSS therefore I would consider them the "extreme" version. Even the SS of yesteryear got there asses handed to them by others. Such as the SS camaros being beat by the z/28's, The style of the SS has always being more desireable though.

So am I the only one here that thinks that the SSS is not worthy of the SS badging? Yes I know its a big heavy truck and what not but shouldn't a SS have some balls? I know with some work and money the SSS can be quick but stock its down right slow. I down know about yals kill history but ive been beaten by just about anything ive been up against including quite a few hondas. The SSS is more of a silverado extreme than a SS.

no not me i got the sss for its looks and then added some power,if you want a fast stock truck get a lightning but i guaranty you that the lightning wont turn heads like the sss. sell it a get something else bro get a z06 :takealook:

:chillpill: cmon i didn't mean it that way!! NOT TRYING TO START SH!T............this site has been on a good behavior lately so let keep it that way :cheers:

I think the comment was meant for the OP Ivan, not you......

By definition, the SS plaque was not ment to be on the "fastest" vehicle, but one that had a balance of performance/style/power/luxury all in one. IMHO, the SSS meets those expectations, therefore yes it deserves the SS palque. The VHO, and VortecMAx don't have the style of the SSS therefore I would consider them the "extreme" version. Even the SS of yesteryear got there asses handed to them by others. Such as the SS camaros being beat by the z/28's, The style of the SS has always being more desireable though.

no not me i got the sss for its looks and then added some power,if you want a fast stock truck get a lightning but i guaranty you that the lightning wont turn heads like the sss. sell it a get something else bro get a z06 takealook.gif

The original SS cars were fast for the most part. But what about the Nova II ss with the V-6? And all the other V-6 SS models? SS didn't mean that the biggest motor was in the cars, it was also an apprearance upgrade like bucket seats, chrome trim etc. As mentioned above performance (AWD, 345hp 6.0L) style (Cladding, 20" wheels) power (same as performance) Luxury (Leahter buckets, steering wheel controls, bose system, etc)

I love SS models, and will eventually have more. The SS to me is what it is meant to be, a combination of what chpspecial said.

And as blackbeast ss said Lightnings were meant to go fast. I live around 6 of them and I get more people asking me about mine than they do combined. I drive my SS everyday and they drive theirs 4-5 months a year.

SS all the way!

:chillpill: cmon i didn't mean it that way!! NOT TRYING TO START SH!T............this site has been on a good behavior lately so let keep it that way :cheers:

Didn't mean you were "trying to start stuff", sorry if you took it that way, nor am I criticizing anyones opinion about them.

I've been on this forum for many years and this type of topic has been discussed several if not many times before on how Chevy missed the mark on them; should have a supercharger, should have been a reg cab, should have lowered more, etc, etc, etc.

No matter how it came equipped or available options; it wouldn't have been the right one for everyone. Personally I think Chevy hit the nail right on the head with them; it's a usable pickup with a style all its own and decent power and is a good platform for the hot-rodder's that want to build it up. It covers a wide owners age range.

I bought it for the AWD in the winter; you put a good set of snow tires on it and it will dang near climb a tree, the extended cab for those times I need to have more than 1 passenger (my Sheppard likes to roam the backseat too), and the power to yank my 20ft boat up and over the hills with above average ease. Plus it's still the best looking pickup out there today! Oh and don't forget the numerous trips to the local landfill loaded with garbage.

I grew up in the day of the 70 Chevelle SS's, 67-69 Camaro SS's Z/28's, L88 Corvette's and the first thing the new owners would do was start modifying them; blowers, headers, cam, exhaust, wheels, you name it. When I was in the age group most of you are here now I wanted to modify it the way I wanted it, not the way some corporate drone thought I wanted it, modifying it was the fun of it...and boy did we have some awesome all-nighters building up, assembling & installing engines...no pre-assembled engines for us.

driving.gif

I agree Chevy hit the mark with them..ofcourse there is some things i would like to change but Chevy will never please everyone..BUT the Silverado SS stands out in the crowd...you never miss one when your driving down the road...what more could you want?

I bought mine simply because I loved the styling............................ :thumbs:................(even though I think they could have done more with the interior....AKA console shift..etc)...................My truck still gets stares and pointed at all the time...........Makes me think I made the right decision 5 yrs. ago........ :chevy:

I agree Chevy hit the mark with them..ofcourse there is some things i would like to change but Chevy will never please everyone..BUT the Silverado SS stands out in the crowd...you never miss one when your driving down the road...what more could you want?

:withstupid::squintnoeswerdrun:

Didn't mean you were "trying to start stuff", sorry if you took it that way, nor am I criticizing anyones opinion about them.

I've been on this forum for many years and this type of topic has been discussed several if not many times before on how Chevy missed the mark on them; should have a supercharger, should have been a reg cab, should have lowered more, etc, etc, etc.

No matter how it came equipped or available options; it wouldn't have been the right one for everyone. Personally I think Chevy hit the nail right on the head with them; it's a usable pickup with a style all its own and decent power and is a good platform for the hot-rodder's that want to build it up. It covers a wide owners age range.

I bought it for the AWD in the winter; you put a good set of snow tires on it and it will dang near climb a tree, the extended cab for those times I need to have more than 1 passenger (my Sheppard likes to roam the backseat too), and the power to yank my 20ft boat up and over the hills with above average ease. Plus it's still the best looking pickup out there today! Oh and don't forget the numerous trips to the local landfill loaded with garbage.

I grew up in the day of the 70 Chevelle SS's, 67-69 Camaro SS's Z/28's, L88 Corvette's and the first thing the new owners would do was start modifying them; blowers, headers, cam, exhaust, wheels, you name it. When I was in the age group most of you are here now I wanted to modify it the way I wanted it, not the way some corporate drone thought I wanted it, modifying it was the fun of it...and boy did we have some awesome all-nighters building up, assembling & installing engines...no pre-assembled engines for us.

driving.gif

o sorry my bad :thumbs:

The SS concept has never been a total beast concept, except for the 70 LS 6 Chevelle IMO. Yes, performance has traditionally been its trademark, but also exterior and interior upgrades have been a big part of the image. It has been a great performance platform to take to whatever level the owner wants. I don't think it's valid to label these trucks as unworthy of the concept.

I test drove the SRT-10 QC NiteRunner (now that is a heavy truck) and held onto my SS. I think they did a great job for an all purpose sport truck that can be driven without hesitation year round.