Search Button

Nscott

Question

Hey,

It may just be me, but i find the new style of search engine is harder to use, and way harder to find what i'm looking for compared to the old one?? Any tips or suggestions?

-Neil :cheers:

10 answers to this question

It would help if more of the threads were in the proper sections to begin with. If you only get 8 pages on a search that includes different posts from the same thread you don't get much reference. If you search in the correct sections for what you are looking for you miss out on the threads that aren't in the right section. IMO there are alot of posts that need "moved" to the correct sections. This would help with the search function.

Tried using it to find some tranny questions and concerns, came up with a lot of results from my search, that had absolutely nothing to do with what I was looking for, so I just gave up.

I tried to switch from date to relevance.... but i feel that just puts the earlier dates first more than anything.

A lot of the old threads are gone/deleted so your search will be very brief on here now.....

I come across threads that don't have anything do with my searches from 2003... seems like the good ones got deleted