Thinking of getting the ss

Bigdogx

I have owned a 95 s10 zr2 since new it's getting time for something new. I was looking at caddys because im looking for something a little more plush, then i looked at the ss :chevy: ive got to say im in love with these trucks but with my s10, ive had bad luck lots of huge repair bills.

Couple questions for you guys if you dont mind.

1)How are these trucks reliability wise?

2)Do any of you drive these in a winter climate?I live in mass and over a foot of snow happens alot :lol:

3)Gas milage i get about 220 miles on a 20 gallon tank now so prob wont be much worse if not better?

Ive been cruising the site now for week or so and thought i should say hi :cheers: site looks great :thumbs:

The SS is very reliable in stock form.

In winter, I pull my snowmobile trailer around all the time in deep snow. All-wheel drive rocks. A set of stock take-off wheels and tires from something like a Z71 make a big difference over the SS's twenty inchers.

For 15,000 miles, I've got a lifetime average of 14.2 mpg. Drops to about 12-13 pulling a trailer and up to the mid 16s cruising down the interstate. Driving to work, a 50/50 mix of interstate and city, my SS gets 14 mpg.

Silverado SS, the Cadillac of trucks! :chevy:

Only one question for you - which color?

If I were you, I'd order an '05 and get one with a moonroof. :thumbs:

Welcome to the site. Same reply as sinister but I haven't done much snow with mine yet. Mine is a dailey driver so I'm sure I will find out how it does this winter. Some people here said change the tires/wheels and some said leave it alone. I'm still on the fence with this one. If you do get one you will love it! :thumbs:

as far as reliability..i got 36k miles on mine right now...well about 100 miles from that..the only problems i have had are minor warranty fixes...bad bearing in the alternator was the worst i think...

for the winter, i never had a problem. the stock 20's did put up a fight everynow and then, just cause of the width. but for the most part it was just as good in the snow and ice as my old tahoe's were. handled everything just fine.

good luck and lets us know what you went with... :thumbs:

oh and black is faster :D incase you are wondering...

Archived