Rear Diff Fluid.

Nscott

Quick question for all of you, I've been using the search button for over an hour now.

Looking to find if i need posi additive when i go to change the rear diff fluid :dunno: Also will i be fine with a 75w-90 synthetic fluid?

Thanks in advance,

Neil

You need synthetic 75W-90 gear lube with the GL5 rating(get Mobil 1 if you can find it.) No additives are needed because the GL5 rated lube already has friction modifiers mixed in....

thanks man! all i needed to hear!

so the front diff is just regular syn 75-90 or does it need gl5 also or does it matter?

Found all of these already. There was a little discussion about the what he put in the rear, so i just wanted to make sure before i F-ed anything up.

Like wise. Changed my gear oil to 75-90 RP @ 500 miles, then serviced it again at 30k. At the 30 service everything looks nice and new inside.

Any problems switching from dealers fluids installed at 25K to royal purple in the diff and t-case at 60K?

Royal purple is great stuff. Don't be nervous about changing fluids. Just as long as you remember to put fluid in!!!!

Haha! I know my way around these things decently... After having a 94 wrangler with 35" tires and stock axles, i got used to replacing axles, spider gears, ring and pinion, yoke.... basically rebuilding a dana 35 once a month. Spider gear got annoying so i had them welded together, INSTANT POSI!!! haha!

I'm gonna run out and get me some fluids tomorrow! Love the Royal Purple as far as motor oils goes, I'm gonna give it a shot in everything else now :fingersx:

• 3 weeks later...