How To Install A Console !

catdaddy300

well i did this the other way around, and got made fun of bc i made my SS into a "work truck", but i know alot of guys want to know how to do it so here i go and if you ever have any questions just ask and ill try to answer them.

Once you get the center console with the black bracket you will also need to get the dash piece that will make the whole for the consolepost-14949-127492385023_thumb.jpg

Once you have everything you need to get started, start by taking out the seats, which is done but unbolting the front and back bolts on the slide the seat is on the front is a 11MM and the rear is a 15MM if i am not mistaken...... once you have that unbolted make sure to disconnect the plug that goes to the seat, i almost ripped that thing out of there the first time i took my seats out.

Once you have take out both seats you will have your jump seat just chilling there in the middle just pick it up the seats where holding it down.

once you have done all that business you will have an empty truck now you get the black bracket that goes with the console and put it where the jump seat was or would have beenpost-14949-127492455432_thumb.jpg..... and no the jump seat bracket is not the same as the console bracket.

i would not recommend putting the seats in until the console is in....now it is really simple u just screw the screws into the bracket, i am not going to lie i did this like 2 years ago so i dont really remember exactly where all the screws went i just remember they were in like 2 or 3 pockets and the 2 that went into the dash.

And there you have it a center console!!!!!!

i did this the hard way by not having the bracket attached to the console and what not but if you are luck enough to have it as one piece it will be just like the jump seat and you will just have to do the 2 bolts in the dash, if you even have to do them!!!!

If anyone has anything else to add just fell free to add them and i hope this helps you guys

• 4 months later...

well i did this the other way around, and got made fun of bc i made my SS into a "work truck", but i know alot of guys want to know how to do it so here i go and if you ever have any questions just ask and ill try to answer them.

Once you get the center console with the black bracket you will also need to get the dash piece that will make the whole for the consolepost-14949-127492385023_thumb.jpg

Once you have everything you need to get started, start by taking out the seats, which is done but unbolting the front and back bolts on the slide the seat is on the front is a 11MM and the rear is a 15MM if i am not mistaken...... once you have that unbolted make sure to disconnect the plug that goes to the seat, i almost ripped that thing out of there the first time i took my seats out.

Once you have take out both seats you will have your jump seat just chilling there in the middle just pick it up the seats where holding it down.

once you have done all that business you will have an empty truck now you get the black bracket that goes with the console and put it where the jump seat was or would have beenpost-14949-127492455432_thumb.jpg..... and no the jump seat bracket is not the same as the console bracket.

i would not recommend putting the seats in until the console is in....now it is really simple u just screw the screws into the bracket, i am not going to lie i did this like 2 years ago so i dont really remember exactly where all the screws went i just remember they were in like 2 or 3 pockets and the 2 that went into the dash.

And there you have it a center console!!!!!!

i did this the hard way by not having the bracket attached to the console and what not but if you are luck enough to have it as one piece it will be just like the jump seat and you will just have to do the 2 bolts in the dash, if you even have to do them!!!!

If anyone has anything else to add just fell free to add them and i hope this helps you guys

I have a Cadilac Escalade that I need to convert from Center Counsole to Jump Seat like it sounds like you did. (7 Kids will do that for you) and I wonder if you could detail the ways you dealt with the heater vents, wiring, etc.

the vents that are on the bottom of the dash i jut let them be and as for the ones in the middle that go to the back i did nothing to them also i just let them blow air i didnt try to redirect it........... and as for the wiring i ran it under the carpet and the underneath the jump seat cut a hole in the carpet the hook up the amp

I took my center console out to remove the Bose amp and replace it with an aftermarket one to power the door speakers and I have to say that putting it in was such a hassle that I wouldnt recommend anyone ever taking it out!