Drag Setup

stroked out

I always got better 60ft times when the weather was hot out because the tires were very sticky (M&H). I would always spin out of the hole when it was cold out. One time it was so bad I let out because i drifted into the right lane. Chase is right, without a proper burn-out, you are betting on the light weight and diameter for better ET than the hooking. My best time was one of my worst launches.

There were several times at the track where I was approached by someone saying "man, you need to learn how to launch, you squeel bad". It is somewhat gratifying when you watch their face and say its AWD and I turn 1.60's all day long.

I would look into the softest tread out of the group or what sniper stated about the no burn-out required DRs. I am just sold on driving to the track with a lightweight combo and letting her rip.

The BFG KDW II are a great tire for this and is what I run

yeah a good street tire is what I would like to have because i hate changing my rims and tires lol. Especially since my brakes and rotors are painted to match the truck so Im scared to screw them up. you guys get a chance to try out those BFG's? I think my falkens are the problem lol

Yes, they are great on an AWD truck for street/track duty. just beware that they will have a much shorter life than the stock tires and most all aftermarket tires.

as far as track setup, i know the more sidewall there is to flex the better. but would there be a noticeable difference between factory-ish sized 20's and same overall size 22's? like a 295/45-20 vs. 285/35-22 or 305/40-22 bfg kdw II's? cause i'd like to run the bfg's on the 22's and put a more winter specific tire on the 20's. but if the 20" wheels will get better traction i'd put the bfg's on them in the summer . thanks gary

Edited by smoothdime (see edit history)