Abs Light Came On

RockHead

I was going up a hill in W. V. and hit a bump then the ABS and the Traction control light came on . I tried to pull the code but there was no code . Thinking it is a “B” code not a“ P” code .I did a hard stop and it felt like the ABS kick on So, I’m thinking it is a speed senor . If I remover the Black and Red Leeds from the Battery then short them together for ½ an hour would hurt anything? I’m just trying to clear the code .

Or should I take it to the Dealer ?

Mark cheers.gif

I was going up a hill in W. V. and hit a bump then the ABS and the Traction control light came on . I tried to pull the code but there was no code . Thinking it is a "B" code not a" P" code .I did a hard stop and it felt like the ABS kick on So, I'm thinking it is a speed senor . If I remover the Black and Red Leeds from the Battery then short them together for ½ an hour would hurt anything? I'm just trying to clear the code .

Mark cheers.gif

my abs light came on before, i just unhooked my battery all night and in the morning it was gone.

Edited by silverado_ss_04 (see edit history)

I was going up a hill in W. V. and hit a bump then the ABS and the Traction control light came on . I tried to pull the code but there was no code . Thinking it is a "B" code not a" P" code .I did a hard stop and it felt like the ABS kick on So, I'm thinking it is a speed senor . If I remover the Black and Red Leeds from the Battery then short them together for ½ an hour would hurt anything? I'm just trying to clear the code .

Mark cheers.gif

Hey Mark,

I had the same identical problem in my Grand prix...It's one of your hubs that holds the abs sensors, traction sensors,& wheel bearing...its all 1 piece/pkg....I think it was $200 or $250 parts and labor...youll get raped at a dealer for that! ! ! Good luck Bro! ! !