Ahhh Got Whoped By Obs 1500 Tonight

smallblock500

ya i still have the stock clutch fan it sux but right now I cant aford to do any mods to my truck as Im jobless and looking. we just moved to Tx because we heard the job market here was so much better then in FL but it doesn't seem to be so. we have been here about 3-4 weeks so far and have found nothing. As soon as we both get jobs and we get the horses my fiancée wants ill start moding my truck. the end goal is to be turbo but thats a far off goal right now.

their was a 454 SS at the track a few weeks ago it ran high 8s (1/8th mile) not sure what was done to it but it was pretty quick. My girls bonneville was not far behind it on street tires her bonnie ran 9.1 at 85mph next time to the track the nittos are going on and hoping for at LEAST mid 8s. the bonnie will be a bad MOFO once the bigger throttle body goes on it should be low 8's to high 7's in the 1/8th.

• 2 months later...

Motiv8ers right. 454ss's only came in single cab short bed config.

He could have been spraying a 100 shot for all you know. Don't diss the truck just because you lost to what you THINK is a stock truck. Those body style trucks were about 700lbs lighter than the SSS trucks and that means they can match us with 70 fewer horses. If he had a stock LQ9 swapped in it would sound stock and would spank an SSS.