Truck + Wilwood + Photoshoot/Ad

My truck has wilwood brakes - 6 piston calipers / 16" drilled and slotted rotors up front and 4 piston 14.75" drilled/slotted out back.

When they originally installed the setup - the wilwood logo on the calipers came with laser etched "wilwood" logos... which from more than a couple feet away you cant see it. The etched logo didnt fare too well, people started complaining so wilwood decided to go back to the original style, albiet updated, so that the logo is very visable. Here is the swap, followed by a couple of pics, and their new full page ad in this months Truckin...

old style -

5f055509.jpg

f4799f12.jpg

b8ec9dfc.jpg

5f3f726b.jpg

NEW STYLE

deaa4b2a.jpg

9905b5a6.jpg

we then took the truck over to one of the shooting locations, I snapped a few pics while they were photographing the truck -

1154694f.jpg

85c3d826.jpg

Here is the Latest wilwood truck ad -

ca686d48.jpg

I just had a custom CAI box/holder made in carbon fiber... I will posts pics later

thumb.gif

Edited by usabodyguard (see edit history)

I can justify getting almost anything for my ss in my mind, but the reality is that i'll never have a setup like that. Look incredible. I'd never leave the garage. Looking forward to the the CAI pics.

Unfortunately, it rarely leaves the garage, namely because the tune is still not complete... which im hoping to get dialed soon, but the truck just basically sits in my shop. I just got the smog and registration renewed, so thats a huge relief. Once i get the tune dialed I will start driving it more.

Thanks for the compliment too!

Congrats! After all the work you have done it must feel great to be on mag covers/ads. I was on Wildwood's website last night, did not see the ad but I am going to re-check it now.

Looks badass!!! you can ship your old calipers to me! Or i can just swing by and pick em up, whatever is easiest for you...biggrinjester.gif

It would be easier to mail them. To ME. lol.

Killer setup bro. My question is why is your truck the pimpest ride on thi site? lol

Why is my truck the pimpest ride on this site? I dont know how to answer that? Oh you mean because of the whole SS vs NON-SS thing? dunno.gif

My truck is nice and all but there are some members with some killer setups - chase (even tho he's GAAAY) and of course Krambo, Supersub, Midnightrider, Rey... just to name a few, but thanks - wait till you see what I do with my next project... thumb.gif 2011 camaro - that bitch will be off the hook.

Looks badass!!! you can ship your old calipers to me! Or i can just swing by and pick em up, whatever is easiest for you...biggrinjester.gif

Yea wilwood just let me keep the other brakes as a momento... hahaha it was a swap, they took the old ones back - hell they were in perfect condition...

Ok here is the new CF air box thing - its coming out tonight and getting a couple more coats of clear, i had it done for a show last sunday, but it still needed more clear, but the clear on it had to dry a little bit... it will be as smooth as the stuff from art (radiator and fuse box covers)...

Pics are crappy..

e569d3ee.jpg

a5dd191f.jpg

driving.gif