Started A New Project.

Cramer

Ok guys I have been holding back on my 3 1/2 yr old son's power wheels since the day I got it for him. It was extremely slow and the plastics and decals looked terrible. So the other day my buddy his twin boys the same age as my son and his daughter that is 2 yrs older than my son came over. The boys had their gator which is pretty fast, and his daughter has a 4 wheeler that has a turbo boost on it. Well my son was keeping up with the boys on their gator, but he couldn't keep up with the girl. So he got mad and parked it right next to me and said "Dad this thing is to slow. How am I gonna catch the girls with this? It needs flames, wheels, and a blower so I can go fast." I am not joking about what he said either.

So I started to do some research on it and decided to make his 6V into a 12v and do some paint work over the faded body. The paint didn't come out as good as I hoped it would but that is because I actually let my son spray most of it. I masked off everything and het him have at it.

I will be doing some more mods to it when I get a chance but this is just something my boy and I got to do together from start to finish and it was a joy to have him helping me and wanting to know how to do it.

Here are a few cell phone pics.

BTW the K in the center of the hood is for his name.

post-17939-127631772777_thumb.jpg

post-17939-127631774534_thumb.jpg

that pretty sweet. glad you got to spend so modding time with your son. i cant wait for kids another year and the wife will be done with school. it crazy how much little kids will pick up from just watching you. my buddy has 3 boys and a girl his youngest son. his little boy is alway wanting to help when we are working on cars. heres a picture of him helping sand my sub box.

IMG_4101.jpg

Yeah my son loves power and cars. I take him to the drags about once a month and to 5 or 6 car shows a year. He gets under the truck with me and asks about what things are and how it works etc. He has an extremely good memory and everything I tell or show him he remembers. He knows what kind of tools are which and how to use them for the most part. like I have a pocket bike for him and the chain needed tightened and he got an adjustable wrench and tightened it down on the axle nut and tried to remove it. I just watched in enjoyment. He also sits down with me when I am looking at a Jegs or Summit catalog and asks about parts and now when he sees something he know what it is. It's great.

I won't be lowering the power wheel. I will actually be lifting it with some pneunatic tires and making it an AWD running on 24v. I might make it into independant suspension too.

Yeah my son loves power and cars. I take him to the drags about once a month and to 5 or 6 car shows a year. He gets under the truck with me and asks about what things are and how it works etc. He has an extremely good memory and everything I tell or show him he remembers. He knows what kind of tools are which and how to use them for the most part. like I have a pocket bike for him and the chain needed tightened and he got an adjustable wrench and tightened it down on the axle nut and tried to remove it. I just watched in enjoyment. He also sits down with me when I am looking at a Jegs or Summit catalog and asks about parts and now when he sees something he know what it is. It's great.

I won't be lowering the power wheel. I will actually be lifting it with some pneunatic tires and making it an AWD running on 24v. I might make it into independant suspension too.

lol thats great.... ive heard thou when putting rubber wheels on power wheels you will stripe the plastic gears or something!?!? how did you do the 24v conversion... we need a parts list!! takealook.gif