2/2 3/4?

Blick05SS

I am wanting to lower my truck real soon and I wanted some insite because im not sure which one to go with. I am going to be towing every once and a while with my truck things like pop up camper and towing my fairlane. I was curious if there was anyone who tows with there truck lowered or if it really matters either way?? Thanks in advance guys

im not sure about how it rides with the 2/2 drop. i have the 3/4 drop and i think it looks better of the two drops. with the 3/4 it rides fine until you hit a good dip and it'll bottom out. if you do a c-notch you should be able to tow with a 3/4 easily. with the 2/2 drop it would be less work and you'll be able to tow fine

There a few ways of doing it but if you go 3/4 deff djm is the way to go. Front 3 inch lower control arms so you dont lose turning radius and still can use a 16 inch wheel on it in case. in rear shackles and hangers.

Now if your on a budget djm front keys and rear shackles are less than $140 bucks and I install those all the time and no issues. With a 4 inch rear drop though look into rear shocks because with the truck lowered 4 inches in rear on stock shocks my customers dont like the ride to much but i swap them out to the belltech front/rear street performance shocks and ride is much better.

Anything else give me a hollar I'm around 24/7 for support on suspension on these trucks. I deal with them a lot.

Hi,

I guess this is a slightly different truck but I tow all the time with my 2007. I have a 3/4 McGaughy's without c-notch. What I did was address the issue at the trailer. I modified a weight distribution hitch for the lowered truck. Before I had this I would occaisionally hit the bump stops. Now I never hit them. When I apply the chains it lifts the back of the truck an inch or so and basically cures the problem for me. The hitch company advised me not to alter their hitch but I did it anyway. About 3 years in use with absolutely no issues. I have attached a picture taken while I was doing the mock up on the hitch. Hope this helps.

Oh the trailer is 16' and 3350# dry weight. We are at 5000# loaded.

post-18091-127723288258_thumb.jpg

Edited by VMax07 (see edit history)