Quick, 24Hr Test Drive, Ss Is In The Driveway... What Should I Check B

90zxdriver

As the title states, I have a 03 SS Silverado sitting in my driveway that I'm test driving until tomorrow when (and if) I sign the papers on it. Anything I should check out while I have it in my possession? It has 61k on it and is in pretty good condition. Few scratches here and there but its a 7 y/o truck with over 60k... its gonna have them. I would appreciate any help you could offer a (most likely) future SS owner.

Here's the link to the ad if that helps anything.

http://www.netlook.com/detail/used-2003-chevrolet-silverado-1500-ss-4x4-tampa-st-pete-florida-11987357-0-747023.html

As the title states, I have a 03 SS Silverado sitting in my driveway that I'm test driving until tomorrow when (and if) I sign the papers on it. Anything I should check out while I have it in my possession? It has 61k on it and is in pretty good condition. Few scratches here and there but its a 7 y/o truck with over 60k... its gonna have them. I would appreciate any help you could offer a (most likely) future SS owner.

Here's the link to the ad if that helps anything.

http://www.netlook.c...7-0-747023.html

BUY IT!!!

BUY IT!!!

Its looking that way. I already love it! About $14,500k out the door with my trade (I'm just breaking even on it).

Doesn't have the sunroof... oh well

OR homelink... I would REALLY like to have this, is it possible to add it?

Looks pretty clean. What exhaust is on there?

Not sure but it sounds really good. It isn't overly loud but you know its there.

Its looking that way. I already love it! About $14,500k out the door with my trade (I'm just breaking even on it).

Doesn't have the sunroof... oh well

OR homelink... I would REALLY like to have this, is it possible to add it?

Not sure but it sounds really good. It isn't overly loud but you know its there.

Sun roof not available then. Carfax? Check and smell the oil and tranny fluid,see if it has any maintenance records.

Mine is an 03 with 72,000,no problems yet. Still on factory brake pads.

i suggest driving through a parking lot or some thing at like 5-10 mph and turn the wheel and go over a few bumps to see if u have the notorious clunk in the steering wheel that alot of us have had and a creeking or popping noise...this happened to me, although ur truck has some miles on it,mine started doing this stuff at like 15000....gl and i say get itpepsicheer.gif

Well, I bought it. Its sitting out in the driveway. Clean carfax, no accidents or title problems but carfax's are worthless anyway. I went from a SER Altima to this so it is very different but I'm very happy. I love riding up high again (used to have a truck).

At my old job we had 03-06 2500 and 3500 chevys so I'm overly familiar with the steering shaft clunk. I can slightly notice it on the truck but it isn't bad or to the point of fixing it.

The dealership "detailed" it and I use the term lightly so this weekend I'm going to go through it myself and give it the proper attention it deserves.

I've already got a to-do list

1) order 2nd keyless fob

2) order new floormats (are they SS specific?)

3) Buy new windshield wipers

4) Put my Pioneer Z110BT in it

5) detail it!

6) I've got to get the owners manual for it as well (SS specific or any 03 silverado manual?)

I've still gotta try and figure out a way to get homelink in the truck too.

Anyway, thanks for everybody's insight. I've been drooling after one of these since my grandparents bought their SS Impala and I saw one on the showroom.

I'm from Florida, Tampa Bay area. I feel like I'm 16 again... I keep looking out my window at the SSS. Ya, I'm a looser lol

I'm trying to figure out what I need to install my pioneer deck. I have Bose but apparently there are two different ones, I don't know what kind I have. Don't know if I have the subwoofer in the center console either. I don't have XM or onstar but all the install kits I have found for the Bose system say they are also for onstar...? help?

Congrats on the purchase---- :cheers: I've owned mine since '05 and still find myself staring at it through the garage door, so it's perfectly normal....I think.... :lol:

Anyways, the above link wasn't working so get up some pics after you get 'er all detailed!!