Ordered A Racemesh Grille $500

I posted last month I wrecked my truck on Mother's Day :banghead: Well the truck is getting closer to being finished. The front bumper is on and painted, I also had a few other parts fixed and repainted. I bought a Goodmark Steel Cowl Hood $350 and sold mine to my buddy the has a salvage yard for $200, he needed one and did not have any in his yard :thumbs: I wanted to change my grille out for a custom one and liked the way the Racemesh Grille looks. So I sent my grille brake ducts and lower center insert out. Well it came Thursday. You can see the SS grille at http://www.racemeshgrilles.com/racemeshgallery.htm#Chevy Tahoe/Avalanche/Suburban

This is what came in, now the painted parts have not came back from the paint shop yet.

022.jpg

023.jpg

024.jpg

025.jpg

026.jpg

027.jpg

028.jpg

The fit and finish just does not justify $500. plus shipping :confused:

The original honeycomb was not trimmed out neatly and is very noticeable.

These are the brake ducts,

041.jpg

This is the back side,

042.jpg

037.jpg

043.jpg

This is what I trimmed off one duct,

047.jpg

This is what the backs looked like after I trimmed off the excess and cleaned them up,

046.jpg

039.jpg

040.jpg

Now I know you dont see the back side, but it bothered me. I'm just pickey like that, plus if you were at a show and was checking out the grille and seens that you would peobably be like :noway:

We are trying to resolve the issue right now. The owner had spoke to his builder about it and basically gave me 2 options, 1 send it back and have it corrected, 2 just send me some Racemesh and I can fix it myself. Option 1 would take time mostly due to shipping - Fl to Ca. and I'm not to happy with the job they did. Option 2 - sending me the mesh, I can do the install but I paid money for the job. Now I have a repair shop and do some custom work. i already talk to my metal fabricator about it. I think i'm going to have him send me the mesh. i'm sure they do great work but I'm just pickey about the details. I had a few paint issues and the bodyshop owner is a good friend of mine and they messed up a couple of things and they have not fixed it so I dont think I'm taking it back.

Do you guys think I'm being to critical on it or what?

shit there was enough left on the backside of the brake duct to fill in the crappy job they did on the lower. i would say fix it yourself that way it is up to your standards. but on a plus side the brake ducts look good after you fixed it for them!!! you are not being picky i learned a long time ago do not deal with friends when it comes to things you cherish, cause it will never meet your standards unless your friend is chip foose or something like that!!

Edited by rojo_143 (see edit history)

That looks like shit, plain and simple. who in gods name would pay $500 for that? its looks like someone went to lowes, bought fence, painted it and glued it to the brake duct, poorly at that.

I'd send it back and make racemesh cover the shipping. Why would they even send that out to you with those gaps like that?

I was just reading the thread on Racemesh group buy last night. $500 is high for something your could have done yourself and you pretty much did end up doing it yoursef. I'd be pissed too!

i wouldn't just settle on them just sending you new stuff. That lots like a NEWBIE job. I wanted to do get the same grille but WOW i would be PISSED. I hope you get some refund or something..

Good luck let us know what happens..

Trust me I am :censor::banghead: The only problem is I.m in Florida and RaceMesh is in California. He is sending me some over sized pieces. I already talked to my metal fabricator about doing it. it will look factory.

Trust me I am :censor::banghead: The only problem is I.m in Florida and RaceMesh is in California. He is sending me some over sized pieces. I already talked to my metal fabricator about doing it. it will look factory.

I'd be asking for some Money refunded, not just extra pieces ... F that ... I'd seriously send it back for a refund.

RaceMesh is in California so getting my money would be difficult. I'm at the point I just want my truck done. I've been driving around with no grille not to mention the steel cowl hood is not painted. Truck is going to a friend to the body work done this weekend the paint next week.

• 1 month later...

Looks pretty low quality. when i spoke to them about 2 years ago they quoted me like $700. I had a grille that had been cut out (exactly like yours) for a billet grill install and asked him if tha wold be okay to send and he said no, that they would have to have the entire honeycomb area intact so their install would look "professional" and "factory". He went on and on about how their install would be pretty much perfect and not look like...... wel, what he sent you lol. I would tell him to re-do the job and have him cover all shipping charges. Yeah he'll eat this job, but otherwise everyone should know about their shady ass work.

• 2 months later...

Haven't been a member on here for long so reading alot of threads and man when i got to this one i have to agree with everyone else, that is shit work.

So it's been a while - did you get this resolved???? personally i would have wanted a full refund. You could have done that yourself wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyy cheaper.

When you mention 500 and i saw your pic's i thought wow 499 profit what a scam, sry man but what looks good on a web or in some picture is sometime's a huge awakening in reality.

Honestly i hope it worked out for you, my biggest pet peeve getting smoked for cash.