Lebron, Wade And Bosh

EVSSS

too many chef's in one kitchen... 30 seconds left in the game, miami is down by 4... who gets the ball?? Boston had a bunch of superstars and they couldnt pull in a championship... Doh!

they basically have less than 10 million to pay the rest of the team, so the supporting members are going to be scrubs with nothing but assists...

However it works out, it should be interesting to watch, thats for sure!

popcorn.gif

This is depressing to me as I am (was) a Cavs fan. I thought he would leave.

It will be interesting to see how the Heat will handle the supporting players. They already traded Beasley to Minn. So if they (Wade, Bosh, Lebron) want to win bad enough they will take even more of a pay cut to get some quality with them.

On a side note Good Bye Cleveland...... He is all the area has for an economy.

Not a chance it works. They won't even get outta the East. Bosh is not a superstar no matter what you wanna make him just because he joined up with the other two and he cannot guard any big guy aka Dwight "Superman" Howard or heck even Amare for that matter.

And like it has been said, although it depends on the final numbers for the contracts, they are not going to be able to sign one more quality guy really which they are going to need. They most likely will have a lot of 3rd string guys as Bosh will push for a max contract because he doesn't have the endorsements and Wade will as well because this will be his last chance at a big pay day as he'll be almost 35 when the contract is done. So LeBron will really be the only one who could 'afford' to take a little bit of a cut.

Plus at the end of the year, how many minutes are these guys going to have played? They won't have anything for reserves as they'll barely be able to have a solid starting 5, so each of the three will have to play min of 42+ minutes/game meaning they'll be absolutely shot by the time the playoffs come around. And if one of em gets hurt? That house of cards folds in a quick hurry.

I may be wrong, but at this point, I still say they are looking at being 3rd best team depending on who they can get in for league minimum. Hope their begging skills are top notch! Maybe another 'me' player will join em... Iverson did say he wanted to come back and would play for minimum for a contender!

I'm sorry to see Lebron hurt a city like Cleveland. There are some great people there going through some tough economic times. However, with that being said, I'm glad he left Dan Gilbert to hang out to dry. Dan Gilbert is a real character. I won't get into mud slinging, but he is certainly the problem, not his management, not Lebron, not the coach, etc. If anyone knew how he ran his company Quicken Loans, they would understand and know what I meant. Lebron knew that he had to get out from under Gilbert's thumb/shadow to be successful. I hope this humbles Dan Gilbert, but then again, pigs might fly one day too.

Here's the letter from Dan Gilbert... Narcisitic? Self-promotional? Really? Come on Dan, you are too! Pot...meet kettle!

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_ylt=AjL3Ewq3BXaumKS7qcSfmV45nYcB?slug=ys-gilbertletter070810

Dan Gilbert blasted LeBron James after the two-time league MVP picked the Heat on Thursday night.

(AP Photo)

Cleveland Cavaliers owner Dan Gilbert wrote an open letter to the team’s fans after LeBron James(notes) announced his decision to leave the franchise after seven seasons. Here it is in its entirety.

Dear Cleveland, All Of Northeast Ohio and Cleveland Cavaliers Supporters Wherever You May Be Tonight;

As you now know, our former hero, who grew up in the very region that he deserted this evening, is no longer a Cleveland Cavalier.

This was announced with a several day, narcissistic, self-promotional build-up culminating with a national TV special of his “decision” unlike anything ever “witnessed” in the history of sports and probably the history of entertainment.

More LeBron James CoverageThree very different reactions to 'decision' Anguish in Cleveland Video: Fans burn LeBron jerseys Clearly, this is bitterly disappointing to all of us.

The good news is that the ownership team and the rest of the hard-working, loyal, and driven staff over here at your hometown Cavaliers have not betrayed you nor NEVER will betray you.

There is so much more to tell you about the events of the recent past and our more than exciting future. Over the next several days and weeks, we will be communicating much of that to you.

You simply don’t deserve this kind of cowardly betrayal.

You have given so much and deserve so much more.

In the meantime, I want to make one statement to you tonight:

“I PERSONALLY GUARANTEE THAT THE CLEVELAND CAVALIERS WILL WIN AN NBA CHAMPIONSHIP BEFORE THE SELF-TITLED FORMER ‘KING’ WINS ONE”

You can take it to the bank.

[Photos: See images from the ‘decision’ and the star in action]

If you thought we were motivated before tonight to bring the hardware to Cleveland, I can tell you that this shameful display of selfishness and betrayal by one of our very own has shifted our “motivation” to previously unknown and previously never experienced levels.

Some people think they should go to heaven but NOT have to die to get there.

Sorry, but that’s simply not how it works.

This shocking act of disloyalty from our home grown “chosen one” sends the exact opposite lesson of what we would want our children to learn. And “who” we would want them to grow-up to become.

But the good news is that this heartless and callous action can only serve as the antidote to the so-called “curse” on Cleveland, Ohio.

The self-declared former “King” will be taking the “curse” with him down south. And until he does “right” by Cleveland and Ohio, James (and the town where he plays) will unfortunately own this dreaded spell and bad karma.

Just watch.

Sleep well, Cleveland.

Tomorrow is a new and much brighter day….

I PROMISE you that our energy, focus, capital, knowledge and experience will be directed at one thing and one thing only:

DELIVERING YOU the championship you have long deserved and is long overdue….

Edited by Black2003SS (see edit history)

I'm not a Heat fan nor am I that into basketball, but I however am from Miami and hear about this crap all the time. IMO, it won't work for the above reasons and James will prob get drunk and hit and kill someone while driving drunk here in Miami, sidelining his career and the Heat. Miami has had tons of great players and many at a time, but have not yielded the championships they seek. But it is sports and although skill is involved, the Heat have tons of money to blow and could pay off their way to a championship. Guess we'll see what happens...........

I don't have a problem at all with Lebron wanting to leave Cleveland for whatever reasons but I think the way he went about it was not the best way to handle his decision. He created a huge spectacle for the media to follow and ESPN ate up every second of it. I see it more as a huge show of disrespect to his former teammates and fans for the way the way he created the drama and even planning his own 1 hour event on ESPN JUST to announce his stupid decision that he probably knew all along. oh well...ALL of the pressure and attention will be now be on Miami and I don't really see that as a positive thing...Anything but a championship will be considered a failure.

Edited by SSinThaNorthWest (see edit history)

I don't have a problem at all with Lebron wanting to leave Cleveland for whatever reasons but I think the way he went about it was not the best way to handle his decision. He created a huge spectacle for the media to follow and ESPN ate up every second of it. I see it more as a huge show of disrespect to his former teammates and fans for the way the way he created the drama and even planning his own 1 hour event on ESPN JUST to announce his stupid decision that he probably knew all along. oh well...ALL of the pressure and attention will be now be on Miami and I don't really see that as a positive thing...Anything but a championship will be considered a failure.

You stole the EXACT words right outta my mouth! Lebron did this ALL the wrong way IMO.

BUCK Lebron!!! Miami isn't big enough for all those egos. You watch, the team will self destruct before they win a championship.

:takealook::yellow_loser:

Edited by Bad Bowtie (see edit history)

You stole the EXACT words right outta my mouth! Lebron did this ALL the wrong way IMO.

BUCK Lebron!!! Miami isn't big enough for all those egos. You watch, the team will self destruct before they win a championship.

:takealook::yellow_loser:

:squintnoeswerdrun: :squintnoeswerdrun: i think it should be a good team :crackup: BUT i dont see them matching up good against teams with big front lines and i also think they will lack in defense.I still see them having BIGGGG trouble with boston and orlando AND SPECIALLY THE CHAMPS GO LAKERSSSSS..THEY WILL GET DESTROYED IN THE BOARDS AND PAINT imo

i do see everyones point but just being here in cleveland it sucks to see him go he was a good thing i dont think he will ever have his (legacy) or as big a fan base anymore but i must say cleveland was part of the problem making him into king james and i really didnt agree with the people burning his clothes last night and lastly i and all others clevelanders just wanted him to stay for our own selfish reasons

iamwithstupid.gif

Honestly who f'n cares..he is a basketball player not the mesiah...I really think its stupid to see people crying and rioting over a sports start.

iamwithstupid.gif

I couldnt agree more with the above two comments....But you know if LeBron was ever a histiorian of basketball (like he claims), he would have realized that all legacies of past/present basketball players were created by yes winning championships, however, they did it while being in one place LONG TERM! AKA Magic Johnson, Michael Jordan, Larry Bird, Tim Duncan, David Robinson, Kobe Bryant (as much as I hate to say it) and the list goes on and on....He will NEVER have a legacy in basketball due to this recent fiasco. Just udderly embarrassing to a struggling NBA league that's ratings have dropped below the NHL now. This league is just poor as for the type of players and style of play. Personally, I would rather watch NCAA basketball (team game/team defense/etc.) b/c that IMO is still TRUE basketball. If the NBA goes into a lockout, then I dont think it will ever recover from it.

All LJ did was puss out and admit that he can't carry a team, ala Jordan, on his own.

KOBE is the real KING!

lets see lebron james 0 rings vs the black momba 5 so yeah king bryant it is :dbanana: in my book jordan is number 1 and kobe number 2 but not by alot and lebron doesnt come no where near them.he showed he is not an elite player and took the easy way out by joining a all star team what a pus**!!!!

I think the same out come that came of LA when they had payton, kobe, shaq and the rest the team will just run in self destruct mode. Like dave said with 30 ticks left on the clock and being down by a few who do they give the ball too??? should make for some great top ten plays this coming season though.