AVALANCHE SS ??? DO THEY MAKE IT???

hankc350

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Gibbs version has a MUCH better set of wheels than the one on e-Bay but I'm still not much of an Avalanche fan. I think that big chunck of plastic behind the cabin looks like sh*t IMO.

WOW!!! I love your SSs and I love my Avalanche...you guys act like it is a defilement to put SSs on anything that didn't come that way from the factory...they USED to put SSs on everything from Chevy II (Nova) to Chevelle, ElCamino, Bisquane, BelAire, Impala, Caprice, Camaro...soon, maybe Cobalt...old guys might argue it against putting it on the trucks (SS454 and Silverado)...not me...I think it betters the breed...some just like to tinker and tweak what they got...for my applications, the Avalanche is great...unfortunately an SS would be a tight squeeze in the garage...my Avy is about 6-7 inches shorter...if they made an Avy SS, I would buy it...the white one pictured on this thread...if it had the go fast goodies and I could do it...I would do it..."imitation is the sincerest form of flattery" I guess I need to find a new site to hang out at. :chevy::seeya::flag:

I think that's the guy's point. Nowhere on that Avalanche does it say "SS", no badge, or emblem anywhere. As a matter of fact, nowhere in the ad copy on EBay does it say that the Avalanche is an "Avalanche SS'. The only place it says "SS" is when it says it has the SS front fascia, which is true. I'm against posers as much as the next guy, but neither this vehicle nor its owner have done anything to deserve the ire received from some of the people here.

I think that's the guy's point.  Nowhere on that Avalanche does it say "SS", no badge, or emblem anywhere.  As a matter of fact, nowhere in the ad copy on EBay does it say that the Avalanche is an "Avalanche SS'.  The only place it says "SS" is when it says it has the SS front fascia, which is true.  I'm against posers as much as the next guy, but neither this vehicle nor its owner have done anything to deserve the ire received from some of the people here.

um, actually that vehicle was simply used as an example of what an Avy would look like with the SS bumer and such. and most of the comments were positive about the Avy with SS bumpers. so neither the vehicle or the owner deserves an apology.

I think that's the guy's point.  Nowhere on that Avalanche does it say "SS", no badge, or emblem anywhere.  As a matter of fact, nowhere in the ad copy on EBay does it say that the Avalanche is an "Avalanche SS'.  The only place it says "SS" is when it says it has the SS front fascia, which is true.  I'm against posers as much as the next guy, but neither this vehicle nor its owner have done anything to deserve the ire received from some of the people here.

um, actually that vehicle was simply used as an example of what an Avy would look like with the SS bumer and such. and most of the comments were positive about the Avy with SS bumpers. so neither the vehicle or the owner deserves an apology.

:withstupid:

I noticed the positive comments, but I saw it as 50/50 positive/negative, with the negatives not noticing that the Avalanche in question didn't have anything 'SS' on it. But that's fine, never said anyone deserved an apology....

Archived