Silverado Ss Nationals

SSS National Event  

95 members have voted

1. 1. Would you attend a SSS Natianal Event in Kansas City if organized??

Alright everyone, here is what I have cookin Been talking to Tony (Norcal_SS). Tony has been renting KCIR (Kansas City's race track) for the past 4 years for their National TBSS G2G. I asked him to see if we could do something new this year and have a TBSS / SSS National event at the track. He responded with a positive response so here is a few details of what we have kind of brewing......

Event will most likely be held Memorial weekend 2011. ( May 28th, 29th, & 30th 2011) There will be a cover charge to cover the track rental and insurance binding expense. Track rental alone is $5k give or take and this expense will come out of pocket initially. To race it will approx be $60 - $80 and to spectate $20 - $40. (Tony correct me on this if im off) Car show from 11-4 then racing starts at 5-10 (cooler temps

T-shirts will be made, along with other event stuff

Going to push to see if site sponsers will show

Rental car shootout

Tony also said Magazine coverage is a good possibility this year from Super Chevy

Raffels and give aways will be in the mix as well

Hotel discounts for those that want to stay in a hotel rather someone offering there home locally.

Again, these are things that have been done in the past and I would be willing to join with Tony to make this happen for us. I think this would be an EPIC event and give everyone the chance to meet others from the site even if your with or without your truck.

**** I will edit this post as more details are worked out ****

Edited by 2BFAST (see edit history)

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

giant gtg would be sweet just dont know if kc is the place to do it??? kinda far

again, open for discussion, but if a spot closer to you is better, what about the N.E and S.E guys??? Its a National event, meeting in the middle is ideal. Equal amount of distance for both sides no?? Having a National event that leans more towards the east or west really isnt inviting either side whichever is the farthest.

Edited by 2BFAST (see edit history)

I'll say this, I don't envy the person or people that will organize this potentially HUGE event. With that said, I think it would be damn cool. I've always wanted to meet a lot of the guys on here I otherwise wouldn't have a chance to meet. I agree, centrally located realistically gives the most opportunity for a large attendance. Getting a list of potential locations is a big start and will obviously produce a lot of opinions and even a little heated discussion. But that's the only way to start it. I'll add this, IF this gets off the ground and IF it ends up in KC, I live 2 hours west of there off of I-70 and would be happy to house a couple of people coming from the west that may need an overnight stop. Lots of room and a fridge full of food/drink.

This would be awesome..

If this thing picks up and goes what dates are we looking at?

Next spring, summer? This fall..?.

I'll be willing to make a far drive if we have a decent amount of SSS or just forum member over all!

Way back when, Zippy made a post called distance from a point which allowed him to see where the majority of the active members are from and where the most of the potential attendees would be traveling from. If the majority of the active members are all from Cali, then it wouldn't make too much sense to have a national meet in say Ohio however if the majority of the active members are from say New England, then it would make sense.

For a "National Event" it is all about normalizing the distance traveled with the majority of the potential attendees IMHO. I know it would suck for some of the long haulers however it would encourage more attendees from the more SSS populated areas.

Just an Opinion...I am up for a national meet.

Way back when, Zippy made a post called distance from a point which allowed him to see where the majority of the active members are from and where the most of the potential attendees would be traveling from. If the majority of the active members are all from Cali, then it wouldn't make too much sense to have a national meet in say Ohio however if the majority of the active members are from say New England, then it would make sense.

For a "National Event" it is all about normalizing the distance traveled with the majority of the potential attendees IMHO. I know it would suck for some of the long haulers however it would encourage more attendees from the more SSS populated areas.

I'm not sure if there are other SS sites or ways to alert others that may not frequent this site, but if there are 'others', they wouldn't necessarily fall into this equation. BUT if most of the SS owners, or the ones we would be targeting, are from this site, this makes the most sense. How hard would it be to dredge this information up?

what kevin said we need to wait and see where the majority would come from and go from there, but in a perfect world the middle does sound good, there are allot in cali and texas i believe.

Timing is important, I am down for a national meet, however I don't think I could attend if planned in 2010.......

Same here. Next summer or fall, I may be able to make it. Would most likely be flying out though.

I'll say this, I don't envy the person or people that will organize this potentially HUGE event. With that said, I think it would be damn cool. I've always wanted to meet a lot of the guys on here I otherwise wouldn't have a chance to meet. I agree, centrally located realistically gives the most opportunity for a large attendance. Getting a list of potential locations is a big start and will obviously produce a lot of opinions and even a little heated discussion. But that's the only way to start it. I'll add this, IF this gets off the ground and IF it ends up in KC, I live 2 hours west of there off of I-70 and would be happy to house a couple of people coming from the west that may need an overnight stop. Lots of room and a fridge full of food/drink.

I agree Mike, it will take some time to organize something if it looks like we have interest. I dont live in KC anymore but I would definatly be more than willing to help get something organized. Also thank you for opening up your house for others, knowing the other guys in the crowd im sure they would do the same if need to be.

This would be awesome..

If this thing picks up and goes what dates are we looking at?

Next spring, summer? This fall..?.

I'll be willing to make a far drive if we have a decent amount of SSS or just forum member over all!

Thats open for discussion, how much lead time does everyone need?? Year, 6 months, next summer, spring???

what kevin said we need to wait and see where the majority would come from and go from there, but in a perfect world the middle does sound good, there are allot in cali and texas i believe.

im perfect biggrinjester.gif

Timing is important, I am down for a national meet, however I don't think I could attend if planned in 2010.......

Same here. Next summer or fall, I may be able to make it. Would most likely be flying out though.

open for discussion