Best First Improvements

I am new to this site and ownership of an SS. I rebuild BMW's and I have learned that cold air systems, Motorola chips, hi-perf ignition wires, and exhaust systems do a good job of increasing HP in these little cars cheaply and effectively. I was planning on a Volant cool air system, and Magnaflow or Borla exhaust system to start off. Can anyone tell me if this is a good place to start. I do not want to try a chip since I have heard they do not work as well on the American car as they do on Euro cars. Thanx in advance, Stenzgr confused.gif

get a custom tune dont get a chip....volant is good for our trucks and u need lt headers u will have power u feel......welcome and congrats

Thanx, Volant first, then headers. I see some DMX's for $600.00 and since I have my own mechanic to help me on Saturdays, likely that I will go that route. Everyone seems to say that headers are the way to go. Any length you suggest?

long tubes are the best, dont go with shorties. deff. look into getting a tune from wheatley or blackbear they will give you a good power improvement. whats your plans for the truck are you gonna go into modding pretty heavy or just leave it how it is with a few things here and there.

Thanx, Volant first, then headers. I see some DMX's for $600.00 and since I have my own mechanic to help me on Saturdays, likely that I will go that route. Everyone seems to say that headers are the way to go. Any length you suggest?

long tubes.......and look at pacesetter they r pretty cheap

• 1 month later...