Just Got Back From The Track.

rojo_143

well I just got back from the milan TnT. I made three passes and the best i could muster was a [email protected]. my previous best was a 14.1@ 96 so i am kind of ppissed, but i know the cause of the time difference. First was the heat and humidity, and two when i had my tires replaced while i was on deployment discount tire put 275/60/20 the stock size tire for a doge ram. One this pisses me off cause they thought my truck was a dodge and two they took advantage of my wife not knowing my truck that well even after she told them on numerous occasions that it was not a dodge and what the correct tire size was they still put the dodge tires on my truck!! so now i am screwed cause these tires are rubbing on my fenderwells and it is stopping me from lowering my truck the way I want and i cant cause they are bigger. Needless to say Discount Tire is getting a phone call tomorrow!!!

well I just got back from the milan TnT. I made three passes and the best i could muster was a [email protected]. my previous best was a 14.1@ 96 so i am kind of ppissed, but i know the cause of the time difference. First was the heat and humidity, and two when i had my tires replaced while i was on deployment discount tire put 275/60/20 the stock size tire for a doge ram. One this pisses me off cause they thought my truck was a dodge and two they took advantage of my wife not knowing my truck that well even after she told them on numerous occasions that it was not a dodge and what the correct tire size was they still put the dodge tires on my truck!! so now i am screwed cause these tires are rubbing on my fenderwells and it is stopping me from lowering my truck the way I want and i cant cause they are bigger. Needless to say Discount Tire is getting a phone call tomorrow!!!

yaa diffently call ..or go up there and bitch..!! ( PROBLY WOULDNT TELL THEM U WERE AT THE STRIP..LOL)...dont worry about the times...last summer when i went up to 131..i was almost a full second slower because it was soooo hot and humid..and today was one of those nasty days too!!!

fyi.. next time u wanna go to the track..come up to onondaga..its open weds, fri, sat..from 9am to 9pm..:) tryin to raise money to improve the track..but still only $15 to race..and $5 to watch....altho its only 1/8 mile right now..but will be 1/4 as soon as they get $$ around....but its probly closer then milan isnt it?...only like 10mins for me..lucky me..haha

well good news called discount tire today and they said yeah bring it in and we will take a look at it. My wife just called me from there and said they are putting a brand new set of perelli scorpions on it. So i went from coppers to perelli's a plus in my book. I commend discount tire cause they could have just said no seeing how these tires have been on my truck for over 10,000 miles but the admitted their mistake and fixed it and in the process gave me better tires.

wasn't too busy maybe 30 street carts and 12 slicks. There were a lot of newer mustangs there and a couple newer camaros. Seen a TBSS and a Cobalt SS. I had a good time just wish my times were better but now that i got the right size tire on my truck I am looking forward to goin back in the fall. I still can't believe that discount tire said yep we will give new set of perelli tires after 9 months and me putting over 10,000 miles on the coopers on my truck.

The tire size didn't help, but unless there was a big difference in weather you may have another problem. Michigan from summer to winter can be .5-.7 difference in track time. It wouldn't be a bad idea to have someone scan your truck just in case you have a tuning problem. For about $200 you could get a TB converter to put in there and pick up another .3 or so.

The tire size didn't help, but unless there was a big difference in weather you may have another problem. Michigan from summer to winter can be .5-.7 difference in track time. It wouldn't be a bad idea to have someone scan your truck just in case you have a tuning problem. For about $200 you could get a TB converter to put in there and pick up another .3 or so.

I believe it was just a combination of the tires and the heat zippy, casue it was very very hot that day and when I puched the info into the dragtimes DA calculator it came back with a 14.3 so with the added tires that should be right. The only thing I have changed since the last time I ran it was added e-fans. So the tune should still be good. But i am always down for loggin session just to make sure so i might have to take you up on that joe.