My Million Dollar Trans!..Lol

ok its not for the SS..but its still gonna be behind a bowtie kinda..lol its goin in my sand rail... cant belive i had to spend 7g on a damn trans..but hey atleast its here..one step closer to gettin this long travel sand rail runnin.. anyways though u guys might get a kick out of it

utf-8BSU1HMDAwMDItMjAxMDA3MjYtMTEwMS5qcGc.jpg

ok its not for the SS..but its still gonna be behind a bowtie kinda..lol its goin in my sand rail... cant belive i had to spend 7g on a damn trans..but hey atleast its here..one step closer to gettin this long travel sand rail runnin.. anyways though u guys might get a kick out of it

utf-8BSU1HMDAwMDItMjAxMDA3MjYtMTEwMS5qcGc.jpg

What is it details?

What is it details?

what do u wanna know...? i building a long travel sand rail..18in of susp travel all the way around..the motor is an 09 turbo ecotec and makes 400hp and the rail should weight about 1400lbs..pretty good power to weight ratio i think :) the trans is a custom build and custom geared for my setup ..mendeola md4s2d..should be fun :)

we just finish my cuz rail..his it has a n/a 2.4 eco..makes 210hp..( half of mine) and weights 1350lbs..and its a rocket..we lined up against my truck...and i couldnt beat it..being my truck ran a best of 12.3...hes rail is deep in the 12s for sure... givin mine will have 2x the hp...and geared correct..i have noooo idea how fast..but its gonna move out well :)

why a 2D and not something stronger? for 400hp its going to be pretty close to its limits is it not? pictures of the rail? sounds like it going to be a nice screamer, light and plenty of powere. 4 seater or 2?

well a few reasons...the 2d is rated at 375hp roughly...but thats really v8 power and torque..no being a turbo motor 4 banger..even tho its makin 400hp.its going to make alot less.and softer torq then a v8..and also being my car is so light its not going to be hard on the trans as the big heavy cars..after talkin with alot of builders...mendeola, dons bus box, wright gear box, transaxle engineering... they all said that the 2d or the new weddle hv1 would be a perfect combo..

and of course the big reason..$$$$..im like 4 times over budget..i was just going to run a 6rib..with a vw motor..so stepin up to a brand new ecotec turbo motor and then a mendeola on top of that was not in the budget..but i made it work

didnt really see any reason to go with any other trans other then the hv1..but dont really like it

i really need to get me one of these. although i might kill myself trying to jump everything!! nice looking rail. gary

guy here did the exact thing...killing the passenger, it was pretty sad bc the guy had build alot of cars here. so be carful.

dude your going to love that car. ive driven a 4 seater with a near identical wheel base and no passenegers in back . had a subi 2.0 turbo making about 350-400 hp . this thing was an absolute blast . no need for stupid power with no weight .

btw i know those trans cost bucks , i see the 20+k mendeola transaxles going in sand rails my friend builds the motors for .

man that thing looks like it is gunna be fun I rode in that 4 seater two weeks ago I thin a 2 seater would be better because of less weight which equals mor air!!! are you gunna paint it or have it powdercoated??