New Sss

kwaves11

hey guys I already have an 03 silverado SS but I am always looking around at prices for other ones and i found this one in montana. The price is really really low but the guy says its because he is shipping back to afghanistan august 3 and needs the truck gone. I would love to get this and maybe flip it for some profit but it seems a little sketchy does anyone else think that? Oh its a 2003 with 68xxx and apparently a clear title.

Thanks guys

Kyle

hey guys I already have an 03 silverado SS but I am always looking around at prices for other ones and i found this one in montana. The price is really really low but the guy says its because he is shipping back to afghanistan august 3 and needs the truck gone. I would love to get this and maybe flip it for some profit but it seems a little sketchy does anyone else think that? Oh its a 2003 with 68xxx and apparently a clear title.

Thanks guys

Kyle

hahah sorry spaced out a little bit

http://phoenix.craigslist.org/evl/emd/1864150514.html

Edited by kmoSS (see edit history)

Thats a scam! Theres the same truck for the same price forsle on craigslist here in CT and I saw another one in FL too. Theres a couple other once ive seen also advertised for 4600 bucks too there all scams! Id bet if you were to ask him how he wanted you to pay for it hell say he wants to do the money transfer through ebays secure payment process or something along those lines. Ive contacted these guys before and they all say the same thing. I was looking online about a year ago and saw a twin turbo toyota supra selling for 5800 bucks and was advertised as being located here in Hartford CT and I contacted the seller and she said her and her husband were in the army stationed in thailand or singapore one of those 2 and the car was currently located over there and she would ship it back here to CT for no extra charge so basically I was told I was getting a twin turbo toyora supra including shipping it here from over seas as soon as I heard that I knew it was a scam.Then a few weeks later a friend of mines father was looking at a 68 camrao on craigslist which was advertised as here in CT but he emailed the seller and they wanted him to go to walmart and get a moneygram and theyd ship him the car. You really have to watch out for scammers on craigslist. Especially if theres no phone number and it seems to good to be true it usually is!

Definetly a SCAM!

I had the same BS from a guy last year, with a Suburban. Said he was in England (stationed there with the army), and would ship the suburban to any state.

He wanted miney wire transfer. I Carfaxed the suburban and it was a completely different info. Be careful!!!!. Spend your $25 in CarFax, it pays.

Was the sellers name Jessica...? Definitely a scam.....My buddy found an '03 Escalade for $4800...They came back with the SAME story about going back to Afghanistan and how they didn't want the vehicle to sit and rot. They sent a text to my buddy telling him that it was being sold thru a 3rd party....(eBay)...and that it was in a warehouse in Washington..gave him vin #, contact info for eBay escrow etc. etc....We knew it was a scam, but my buddy called eBay directly, (not the contact numbers he was given) and actually talked to a guy on the phone that was going right along with the sellers story. Sounds like it might be an "inside-job" type of thing.....They probably have somebody working for eBay that can "verify" and make things sound legit......................Bastards are getting tricky.....

Edited by GetWithIt (see edit history)