invalid driver in IN

mwarren

Well I just moved to another state (Indiana) and went to get a new license and plates for the SS and Honda. The lady told me that I would have to take the written test (for which I laughed). I took the test, without looking over the IN manual. I did not pass :confused: . This did not make me very happy, so I proceeded to give the lady my thoughts on Indiana (I am originally from Kentucky), but that did not work out in my favor either.

I guess I will just have to keep my original license and tags until they catch me :D

:chevy: You have to realize mwarren that this is a strange state.I mean it's ok to park on the left side of the road ?but you can't buy beer on Sundays and bring it home,they don't have drive through carryouts,you cannot use a crossbow hunting and besides the price for license plates here ,the identification you need just to apply to get a drivers license, you need like 5 pieces of ID. My daughter took 4 trys to get a drivers license here ,while in Ohio (where were from) it only took her one. You have 6 months before you really need to get one anyway. Welcome :thumbs:

I have to agree that this is a weird state. What pisses me off is that some of the people driving around should not be. It is funny though...at least my friends think so :D

Move out here to California. Everybody gets a drivers license. Failing people on the test would be discriminatory, you know. Heck, you don’t even have to be able to read English, or be a citizen. :rolleyes:

What, there are actually other people in Indiana that own SS's. Where have you guys been?

Yeah, I am in between Indianapolis and Louisville, KY. I am the only one in my area with one b/c everyone just loves to stare and point (as long as they don't touch) :jester:

ALL things... they'll give you a license even if youre blind, armless and 3'2. you dont have to speak english, you can take the test in approximately 15 different languages even though all of the street signs are in english.

well now, being from kentucky i'm sure the laws there are much different. out there you have a license for your horse "driving" and car "driving". i think driving with a beer in your hand is legal there too, just so long as it's the kind the officer drinks. :pop::jester:

btw, arguing with the dmv is a bad idea. :nono:

btw, arguing with the dmv is a bad idea. :nono:

There is NO SUCH BEAST in Indiana. Of coure they had to be different and refer to theirs (used to be mine) as the BMV (Bureau of Motor Vehicles)...LOL

Just finishing up a purchase on a new truck, and thought I'd share some more IDIOCY (sp?) about Indiana:

1. Indiana vehicle sales tax is taken BEFORE the rebates. Versus Texas, that takes them after the rebates.

2. Plates for my new truck would be approx $360 per year in Indiana. Versus Texas, the registration is $57 per year.

Yeah, that "Hoosier Lottery" sure is helping with those BMV prices..LMMFAO

Archived