Apple Products

42 members have voted

1. 1. Apple

• Love
    • Hate
    • undecided

my first computer was an apple, but back then mac was in a world all by it's self. there were not any sweet games, which when you're 10-12 years old is kind of a big deal.

the one positive thing from that experience was when i found my most favorite game of all time...marathon...i was in awe of this game. doom didn't stand a chance against this game imo.

marathon-shotgun.jpg

I also love apple, I have had every iphone except for the 2G. I have an ipod, a mac mini then quickly sold and upgraded to the 24" iMac. I just recently sold it and im going to get the macbook pro tomorrow because we have a tax free weekend here in the super high sales tax of TN (9.25%) banghead.gif

I think one of the best thing about apples is they rarely ever need any work. I deal with computers all day and any mac I've or family has owned never needed any work done on them.

The only downside I see is the price of the laptops, then 2 weeks later they come out with a new one.mad.gif

The only thing missing for you guys is this...

I first saw this video like 2 years ago and I still laugh every time I see it. Soo funny.

As for my Apple products, I have had every generation of Iphone on the exact day it came out (save for the first gen). I have never broken one, they have been really great for me. The best part is that I am always able to sell my old one for enough money to buy the new one! I have also had a whole bunch of ipods of course.......

27 inch damn that's bad ass!!! How much do those run?

I bought the Quad Core one that was $1999.00 for the iMac. I upgraded some of my software and bought a Time Capsule Router at the same time so my bill was a little over $3k total.

I'm on a 17'' MacBook Pro. Best, most solid computer I've EVER put my hands on. You can't beat the quality of a Mac. I've also got a handful of iPod's, a Time Capsule, Airport Express, and the iPhone 4, which while is badass, seriously lets me down.

I do not hate Apple products - however, being a professional IT guy and developer I will say that their policies (licensing, developer support, etc) are very predatory, and VERY hostile to developers and entrepreneurs.

Personally, I feel their hardware is very good (except the one-button mouse, WTF?), their operating systems are a joke, and their corporate attitude towards outsiders to be arrogant.

Mr. P.

Edited by Mr. P. (see edit history)

• 1 year later...

I used to be anti-apple (except for my iPod because there really isn't another option) but my PC just took a dump and thats the second one in 3 years, and I don't abuse mine either. So I looked at Apple, liked that they are an American company (I always try to support USA companies) and gave it a try. I bought my first Mac about a week ago, a 13.3" MacBook Pro with the I5 and 500 gb hd and it is AWESOME! I will never go back to PC. Now i'm looking at the iPhones...

I've had several iPod's dating all the way back to a Gen 1, Nano Gen 1 & Gen 3, iTouch, 2 iPad's (1 & 2). I hate the iPhone and use an Android and cannot stand their laptops/desktops. Can't stand windows for that matter, but I am stuck using Windows products for work.