Mass Air Flow

i have a 2003 ss and i just got my tune and i have a 10 pound pully.. my mass air flow which is stock is to small and the check engine light is on and my guage is all over the place while im just driving steady and mostly lean. i was told a new one would have to be programmed and made for my truck for 400 dollars.... do i have other options... does any1 know the size of my stock one and can i take one from a newer trailblazer ss or sumthing.. please helpp

Which gauge is reading all over the place? sound like you are just maxing out you MAF and a replacement wont really help you out. Sounds like you need to go into a speed density tune... Or just fudge your tune so that you read proper AFR at your max RPM/boost. No need to spend your extra money, unless that is what you are being charged to tune your vehicle.

Which gauge is reading all over the place? sound like you are just maxing out you MAF and a replacement wont really help you out. Sounds like you need to go into a speed density tune... Or just fudge your tune so that you read proper AFR at your max RPM/boost. No need to spend your extra money, unless that is what you are being charged to tune your vehicle.

i am maxing out the MAF i was told i need to have one made custom for my truck and it would cost a ton of money... if i fudge the tune and stuff wont i loose power

i am maxing out the MAF i was told i need to have one made custom for my truck and it would cost a ton of money... if i fudge the tune and stuff wont i loose power

what are you ajusting to make your stock mass air flow sensor work. ON EFI live it says not to change the settings if you have a stock MAF.

what are you ajusting to make your stock mass air flow sensor work. ON EFI live it says not to change the settings if you have a stock MAF.

It sounds like you need a more competent tuner, You will not loose any power by tunnig the MAF table, however you first need to have your VE table properly dialed in. If you look up Krambo's tunning guides they go into great deal on tunning. The warning in EFILive is so that newbees at tunning don't fry the PCM or put it in a deadpole mode because they adjusted the paramater too far from stock. The MAF table has a hard PCM limit set by GM, there is no aftermarket solution that will read higher since the PCM can't read past 12000Hz. The only thing that aftermarket MAF sensors are good for is for increasing the sice of the intake pipe, which you do not need seeing as how you are supercharged.

Once again you do not need an aftermarket MAF, or a "custom" built one... Just proper tunning via MAF calibration or a 2-bar Speed Density tune. At your boost level you are borderline with either one. If you plan on boosting higher then its a no brainer and go with a Speed Density.

It sounds like you need a more competent tuner, You will not loose any power by tunnig the MAF table, however you first need to have your VE table properly dialed in. If you look up Krambo's tunning guides they go into great deal on tunning. The warning in EFILive is so that newbees at tunning don't fry the PCM or put it in a deadpole mode because they adjusted the paramater too far from stock. The MAF table has a hard PCM limit set by GM, there is no aftermarket solution that will read higher since the PCM can't read past 12000Hz. The only thing that aftermarket MAF sensors are good for is for increasing the sice of the intake pipe, which you do not need seeing as how you are supercharged.

Once again you do not need an aftermarket MAF, or a "custom" built one... Just proper tunning via MAF calibration or a 2-bar Speed Density tune. At your boost level you are borderline with either one. If you plan on boosting higher then its a no brainer and go with a Speed Density.

THANKS ALOTTTT haha i was about to give up i have put so much time and moneyy into this truck.. but i love it to much to stop i just need a break for a few haha as soon as i bought it lost tranny and then had few other prob along way right after another