Anybody have a Radix with B&B exhaust???

I have had a radix on my ss for 8 months now. About three months ago I added a B&B true dual side exit exhaust. I lowered it off the lift and took it for a test drive and couldn't believe the amount of thrust that came from the exhaust. Whenever passing a car or even a wall that is 10-15 feet away it sounds like your sitting on a runway. I have just kind of dealt with the problem thinking that with the extreme amounts of air the Radix pushes thru and with a much less restricitve exhaust, this was normal. However, twice in the last week I have jump on the throttle and actually blown the connection on my exhaust apart just before the muffler. This can't be right??? I have torqued the SOB as tight as I can get it and it still blew off. Has anyone else had probelms like this or possible suggestions??? Thanks.

There were guys reporting the same thing (Blowing off the rear exhaust) with Lightning trucks. This was with the Bassani exhausts, and what most of them ended up doing was having an exhuast shop spot weld the seams.

I hope this helps... ;)

Bill-03-SD

Spot welding would work. What kind of connection is it, a band clamp? If so, I'd definitely get a welder on it. I guess it would depend if you ever wanted to get it off again without much work. Doesn't sound like you have much alternative.

Maybe it is the Radix that makes my exhaust sound so nasty when I get on it. I always thought it was the muffler. I love it though.

...couldn't believe the amount of thrust that came from the exhaust.  Whenever passing a car or even a wall that is 10-15 feet away it sounds like your sitting on a runway.

I love that sound! Even with the windows down and get on it...

No walls needed, just whoosh! :D

When my B&B was installed the joints were spot welded, just tacked.

No problems...

WW :cool:

Archived