air filters

impalarasser

The thing about Volant is that the hole is already there and it has a removeable rubber cap, no cutting required. They don't offer the air scoop yet for the SS. So getting the Volant, you could do the same thing as you can with the UPD, it's just easier.

:confused: Has anyone who spent the $269 or so for the Volant system see, or feel the performance gains that they talk about. A dino would be great however it seem difficult with all wheel drive huh. They talk about 18 to 30 or so HP increase. What say you all??

what is the part# yall are using to order the volant? on my old v-6 i just got a K&N conical filter, pulled out the box and just bolted the K&N in its place. it didnt look all that great but i did notice a gain even in the 4.3 with no other mods. thanks for the # if yall have one.

I have a Volant on my 2000 and the UPD made a bigger difference, I dont have the air scoop on it though. The Volant isnt any better because it is still drawing air from the same place as the stock box, through the same holes. I dont see a point in paying extra for something that wont help out

I have a Volant on my 2000 and the UPD made a bigger difference, I dont have the air scoop on it though. The Volant isnt any better because it is still drawing air from the same place as the stock box, through the same holes. I dont see a point in paying extra for something that wont help out

I don't see how the UPD changes the location of where the air comes from, unless you run some type of tube down to pull air from the grille? Mine pulls air from two places. One from the factory location, which has been more than doubled in size (the hole), and from a homemade air scoop. Secondly, if there is a diff in hp between the both, it may be 2-3hp tops (to the favor of one or the other) - you think you can really "feel" that. I got more than that from changing to synthetics, but I didn't "really" feel it.

what is the part# yall are using to order the volant?

Part # is 15853

Archived