air filters

impalarasser

• 4 months later...
i want to order a k&n air filter or intake system. they dont offer one for a SS yet, so do i order one for an escalade, and put it on the SS? are the nossels the same, or intakes the same? do the intakes fit eachother. :confused::wtf:

Just order one for the 6.0L. Volant makes a nice kit. I have one in my truck now.

By putting on electric fans there's plenty of room for any air cleaner you could want. I'm thinking of making a ram air system that will pull from the front, middle opening in the grill, flow through the plastic piece on the cross member, and then up to the throttle body.

It all sounds good in theory but still working on how to get it sealed and keeping water out of it.

• 3 weeks later...

All of the new body style trucks (99+) use the same intake. if doesnt matter which one you order, they all fit.

I would reccomend buying the UPD intake, and then cutting a hole in the bottom of the box and running a tube down to the bumper, that will be better than the Volant and cost less. Volant wants a lot of money for that tube, and they dont have one for the SS bumper, that i know of anyways.

Archived