Small Gtg In Dfw

I had a HELL of a time and met some damn awesome people. For sure more than worth the 22 hour round trip from N.E Missouri to DFW.

Dan and Ashley. Thank you guys for everything and making me feel at home at your really nice house. You guys definatly go out of your way for others. True friends. Thanks again for doing a kick ass job on my engine cover. Love it. Enjoyed the time with your dad Jerry too Dan, hes a pretty cool dude.

Jason. Good luck on Molly's build. Look forward to seeing the progress. Sushi Rock FTMFW!! LOL

Brad. Sorry about your truck bro, I was looking forward to seeing it run! Either way, sick truck

Steve. Look forward to seeing the results of your tuning and cooler weather. Clean truck, well done

Zach. Good to meet ur punk ass lol Awesome job at your first time at the track, truck runs strong. Whats next? lol

A few pics I snapped at Dallas Raceway saturday night. I know Jason and Steve took hella pics this weekend so im expecting you guys to share too!

DSC02775.jpg

DSC02761.jpg

DSC02764.jpg

DSC02762.jpg

DSC02763.jpg

Zach staging

DSC02767.jpg

14.1 E.T

DSC02768.jpg

Jason running his D-Max and putting the wood to the old boy in the Dodge Cummins

DSC02769.jpg

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ill say the same thing as Brian. A big thanks to Dan and Ashley for being such awesome hosts! Thank you so much for helping me with the truck and letting me stay at your place. Brian, you may be a GAMF but youre a cool dude, good to finally meet you in person! Brad and Jason, awesome to meet you guys as well! Hopefully next time you'll get to run your truck Brad and Jason I hope to see Molly next time i'm up that way. Justin, dont run off next time! It sucked having the only blue SSS at the track, haha. Steve, thanks for all the awesome pictures and videos of me at the track! Tell Michelle I said hello, shes a pretty awesome chick and im very happy for you. Hope to be seeing all of you guys again soon!

Ill say the same thing as Brian. A big thanks to Dan and Ashley for being such awesome hosts! Thank you so much for helping me with the truck and letting me stay at your place. Brian, you may be a GAMF but youre a cool dude, good to finally meet you in person! Brad and Jason, awesome to meet you guys as well! Hopefully next time you'll get to run your truck Brad and Jason I hope to see Molly next time i'm up that way. Justin, dont run off next time! It sucked having the only blue SSS at the track, haha. Steve, thanks for all the awesome pictures and videos of me at the track! Tell Michelle I said hello, shes a pretty awesome chick and im very happy for you. Hope to be seeing all of you guys again soon!

I really wanted to go to the track but I told a friend I would be at his bday party. I haven't even redone my bottle tune since the 80 swap.

Nice meeting Brian and Michelle and good to see some friends I haven't seen in a while either

This weekend was a little taste of times past. Good friends and good times. It seems that we can never have a GTG without everyone bringing their projects to Dan's carport :lol: Dan and Ashley showed Brian the ropes on just how we paint a mailbox down here in the lonestar state; Dan and his dad helped Brian with a 4L65 build from hell; Jason mounted a second heat exchanger onto Brad's truck which was so big I originally doubted it would actually fit on the truck; Brian walked Zach through swapping-out a worn half-shaft; I spent most of the day at my laptop working on the EFILive tune in my truck... Never enough time!

I had a HELL of a time and met some damn awesome people. For sure more than worth the 22 hour round trip from N.E Missouri to DFW.

Steve. Look forward to seeing the results of your tuning and cooler weather. Clean truck, well done

:pepsicheer: It is always good to put a face to a name - and thanks for the compliments, already looking forward to seeing your truck next year. :closedeyes:

Steve, thanks for all the awesome pictures and videos of me at the track! Tell Michelle I said hello, shes a pretty awesome chick and im very happy for you. Hope to be seeing all of you guys again soon!

Oh yeah, we'll drag your ass out again! Your truck gets down the lane pretty good.

Michelle - yup, she's a keeper; I feel truly blessed being a part of her life, she is nothing less than an absolute joy. I mean really, she R&R'd the converter in the truck with me, THAT'S True Love haha.

AND SPEAKING OF THOSE PICS...

Brian, Jason, Dan, Ashley custom painting mailboxes - Dan has been known on occasion to custom-paint mailboxes, they make great beginner bodywork and paint exercises and if you want to learn the craft this is a great place to start. And in Dan's carport, you're not allowed to do anything to the finish of a car unless you can do it properly on a mailbox first (including washing it correctly lol); if you're not qualified to take care of a mailbox then you're not qualified to be working anywhere near a vehicle either! Dan will have to post the pics of the boxes after they were cleared, they came out awesome.

_DSC0534.JPG

Brian (2BFAST) getting help from Dan (Retired99) laying down striping tape on a mailbox; everyone agreed he did pretty good for a goat roper. :jester:

_DSC0535.JPG

Zach's arrival blue SSS, getting a touch-up job on the front bumper. I confess I first thought this truck was dead stock, but was surprised when it ran 14.1's in the 90-degree heat all night long. I bet it will run solid 13's come this fall - nice job Zach! :pepsicheer:

_DSC0538.JPG

Brad's new heat exchanger - this thing is massive, 3.5-inches thick and good thing it's made of aluminum because GOOD GAWD as-is it weighs almost 30-pounds! Jason gets credit for the install, the transmission cooler was relocated rearwards (closer to the A/C condenser) and the heat exchanger plumbed in series with the existing Magnusson-supplied unit. YES it works, Brad said that his IATs were MUCH improved.

_DSC0540.JPG

Group pic, everyone is waiting on Brad to finish his project so we can all head to Dallas Raceway.

_DSC0542.JPG

The new heat exchanger makes quite a statement sitting just behind the stock grille! :pimp:

_DSC0547.JPG

Brad "managing" Dan as he rewires the Dr-X throttle body harness; the power-lead had melted itself to a header primary. :smash:

_DSC0549.JPG

Rollcall!

_DSC0557.JPG

Mr. P. :)

RACE VIDEOS!!!! Click on the pics to download/view in Apple Quicktime format.

It was a perfect night for racing, the track was pretty empty and you could do laps racing all night! Dallas Raceway is a new facility and WOW just fantastic, we're going back in the future for sure. Zachm89 showed no fear and flogged the piss out of his truck all night, MidnightRidr took on the only other diesel there and pushed the Dodge hard enough that at the end of the evening it shattered a u-joint! Brad and I did not run our trucks, they weren't up to the job, Brad wasn't sure his thottle was acting right and my ignition tune is nowhere close to right yet so we shared the benches with the gals.

ZachM89 Pass #1:

ZachM89%20Pass%201.jpg

MidnightRidr Pass #1:

MidnightRidr%20Pass%201.jpg

ZachM89 Pass #2:

ZachM89%20Pass%202.jpg

MidnightRidr Pass #2 (a loss - dayum!):

MidnightRidr%20Pass%202.jpg

MidnightRidr Pass #3 - Jason takes his racing pretty serious, all leaned-forward and hunched towards the steering wheel doing his best Speed Racer impression :smash: :

MidnightRidr%20Pass%203.jpg

ZachM89 Pass #3 - just edged-out by a single-cab:

ZachM89%20Pass%203.jpg

ZachM89 Pass #4:

ZachM89%20Pass%204.jpg

Mr. P. :)

Edited by Mr. P. (see edit history)