Electric Fans

tattoo

I kept my eyes on craigslist until I found a set off a 05 SSS that was totaled at a wrecking yard. Guy gave me the fans and all the harness for $100. I could not believe the deal I got.

What do I have to do to make them work with my 2003 ECM?

you could just go to vatozone and buy a radiator fan thermostat kit. its a probe that goes between the fins on your radiator and when it gets to a certain temp it closes the circuit and kicks the fans on. that way you dont need a harness, just the fans and some extra wire!!!

I got my fans from e-bay from a local guy. $40 for the fans.

Got a Blackbear harness that controls them through the PCM. $120 with a overdrive alt pulley.

The good thing about the PCM operated harness is that it operates off the coolant temp and the A/C pressure. When you turn on the a/c or defrost, the fans come on at the required speed to cool the engine.

Becareful on which fans you do get if not stock. Heard some horror stories on most universal fans, and the harness'.

I got my fans from e-bay from a local guy. $40 for the fans.

Got a Blackbear harness that controls them through the PCM. $120 with a overdrive alt pulley.

The good thing about the PCM operated harness is that it operates off the coolant temp and the A/C pressure. When you turn on the a/c or defrost, the fans come on at the required speed to cool the engine.

Becareful on which fans you do get if not stock. Heard some horror stories on most universal fans, and the harness'.

Would I need a different alternator with that overdrive pulley or will the stock one be fine?

Thanks for the help guys.