Having Trouble Connecting Engine To Tranny

hey fellas i just got my engine back from the shop and dropped it back into the sss today! well for some reason i got the engine in truck and it sits right and everything but the holes to connect the tranny are off set about 2 inches as if the tranny is twisted. i played with it for 2 hours until i ran out of daylight! is this common? should the holes line up fairly easy or is this something you have to mess with? if anyone has any input i would like to hear it!

that sounds weird, if you havent done it alreay bolt the tranny to the tranny mounts so you can make sure the tranny is where its supposed to be and check your motor mounts as well... then hopefully the bolts will align and youll be good to go. if youve done that already then i dont have a clue.

this might be a dumb questions but could they have put some kind of adapter plate on the back of the motor while it was in the shop that you have overlook? i dont mean to insult your intelligence but i have seen people overlook more trivial shit than that!!!

• 2 weeks later...

Sounds like you left the transmission in the truck when you R&R'd the motor...

Yes, the transmission 'rolled over' on you; support it well on a floor jack, and remove the rear trans crossmember so you can manipulate the transmission into place. You will have to also remove the driveshaft too.

If you are lucky maybe just getting a floor jack under the pan will stand the transmission upright again.

All you need to get started is a few twists on a single bolt; then you can use the jack to raise/lower the other side (as the bellhousing gently pivots on the bolt) until the bellhousing dowells line up and you can stab it forward.

Mr. P. :)