F-Ing Reduced Power Mode

tawss04

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Reduced Power Mode friggen sucks. Went out to go to work today, get in my truck start it and all of a sudden it says Reduced Power Mode :banghead: . Shut it off and restarted it a couple of times and the same thing :thumbsdown: . Ofcourse my scanner is at the shop as it should be. Well I limped it a half mile to my dads house hoping to get a ride with him (yes we work together) but he had just left. So I snagged his Tahoe :peelout: I get to work and he's like :noway: and said you think thats a community vehilce :blahblah: Anyways Went at lunch to pick it up with my rollback and it started and ran fine :censor: . So I checked it with the scanner at the end of the day and not a code or anything. Everything check fine and I have the new SNAP-ON VERUS. Yes it is a bad ass Scanner. Anyways this is not the first time this has happend. A couple of times while driving at night when I hit my high beams (I have HID's for high and low beams)the truck bucked and one time it went into Reduced Power Mode It only started the after the accident :icon_bs: . I did change the location of the ballast when the front end was apart nothings wired wrong so guess I'll figure it out when I get some time.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Reduced Power Mode friggen sucks. Went out to go to work today, get in my truck start it and all of a sudden it says Reduced Power Mode :banghead: . Shut it off and restarted it a couple of times and the same thing :thumbsdown: . Ofcourse my scanner is at the shop as it should be. Well I limped it a half mile to my dads house hoping to get a ride with him (yes we work together) but he had just left. So I snagged his Tahoe :peelout: I get to work and he's like :noway: and said you think thats a community vehilce :blahblah: Anyways Went at lunch to pick it up with my rollback and it started and ran fine :censor: . So I checked it with the scanner at the end of the day and not a code or anything. Everything check fine and I have the new SNAP-ON VERUS. Yes it is a bad ass Scanner. Anyways this is not the first time this has happend. A couple of times while driving at night when I hit my high beams (I have HID's for high and low beams)the truck bucked and one time it went into Reduced Power Mode It only started the after the accident :icon_bs: . I did change the location of the ballast when the front end was apart nothings wired wrong so guess I'll figure it out when I get some time.

Maybe its your pcm tune???? Mine did that once when i had the predator tune. Now I have the Black bear tune

Also maybe clean your maf, throttle body things like that?? Just my .02

this same thing happened to me when i turned on my fogs (HID) one time, I think it may have drew to much power. But it was fine after one restart .

I run sylvania Silver Stars in my high beams, Just as good as the hids and don't need to warm up when i flash someone the high beams.

I've had this problem before with my 03' rcsb ls1 truck, turned out to be an issue with the headlight ground, added a ground strap to the battery and it never did it again. This might not be related to your issue though.... I feel your pain, you would be driving along and then all of the sudden, boom REP mode.

REP is usually due to a miss comunication between the TB TAC and the PCM, I would check out the TB and make sure it is clean and clear of obsticles/carbon build-up, and then make sure all the plugs from the PCM, Accelerator pedle, TAC module and TB are good

Mine did the same thing once. i was out with the wife for dinner. we went to leave and i started the SS and it said the same thing. only thing i could do was rev it up to like 1000 rpms. ended up being a ground strap on my fire wall and engine. the one that grounds the hood to the chassis.

my truck did the same thing. i had highs lows and fog lights HID and also 2 hella 4000HID offroad lights and it did that to me i took it to the dealership and my pcm needed a "updated version" it was caused by a quick surge in the voltage when i turned all my lights on 8 total HID lights thumb.gif

So instead of "check Engine" or "Service Engine Soon" the SS's have "reduced power mode"? or is it from a light code?

It depends on the fault, REP will go on when there is a possibilty of engine overrun, i.e. stuck throttle blade. for all else, the check engine light will go on.

just happened to me right now at a parking lot..... sucks... turned it off waited for 5 min. then revved it and was normal to drive home... but now my check engine light is on.. wtfffffdunno.gif im nervous now. it was embarrassing too haha

Have it scanned and post the codes up.....