Haulin' SS

12secHonda

Yeah, my dad had a 96 GS. In my opinion, Chevy really needs to step things up more with cars like that. They did great with the SS and ZO6 Vette - things like the S-10 Xtreme, however make a bad image - looked good but they could have did a little something to the 4.3 for a more complete package like the 5.9 R/T

Anyway I figured it would be "respectful" to copy the GS as long as the car ran good. I bought the car for $1000, it was white and had ~250,000 miles. I did the common Acura GSR swap (1.8L 170 hp) and it ran consistent 14.4's That was not enough to paint it though. Threw a turbo on and at 9 PSI made 262 FWHP at 8200 on the stock motor. Best time on drag radials was 12.9 @ 113. Painted it, blew it up (boost creep on a highway run cracked ring landing), and rebuilt it. The new block is made by Dart and some other goodies - should take as much boost as the drivetrain can handle. It is back together as of 3 weeks ago and broken in with the bigger turbo in the mail. I am not a "VTEC NAZI" or anything but their head design(s) really are cutting edge for street cars. Chevrolet really has pushed the envelope with the LS-1 family, and even Ford guys give it credit over their modular 4.6's. But I would love to see someone build a V-8 with variable cam timing and lift. I know BMW uses there VANOS system on the M3 I6 - I think thats as close as it gets today.

25_Cams.jpg

More engine pics here

http://www.hassettroofing.com/markjr/Pages...ar_progress.htm

Movies page here

http://www.hassettroofing.com/markjr/Pages/movies.htm

Guess I got off topic here... sorry

Thanks again for being open minded about the Honda thing. I drove the truck and trailer from the show to the hotel - pulled great. No sway, even though I think we had too much weight on the tongue. Any fixes without touching the stock springs? I was thinking a weight distributing hitch?

Like I said in a previous post..." the truck is the platform but the people are the foundation". Everyone needs to be shown due respect for their pride and joy if not for any other reason than you would like someone to respect yours! Your car looks great bud...Enjoy! :flag:

Archived