Banks Ram-Air

05_silver_SS

I have been browsing the forums daily since I joined and have been getting tons of good info! In fact I already know what LT headers and cat back I am getting. But I searched and searched and could not find anything about the Banks Ram Air CAI. I know a lot of you really like the Volant but I was just wondering if anybody has the Banks Ram Air? If so how do you like it? Does anybody have any info on them?

I helped a good buddy that put a Banks on his 05 1500 Z71 5.3L about a year ago and he said then it was ridiculous how much it helped! He said if felt like he gained 40hp (which I know it didn't but thats just an example of how much he was impressed) So after his claims I went for a ride and it did feel like he did gain a lot for just a CAI system. I was surprised. I know for a fact that the CAI was the only thing he had done at the time.

But like I said I wanted to here it from you guys to see if anyone had any experience with the Banks over other CAI systems.

Here is the link to the kit: http://bankspower.com/products/show/308/10

Edited by 05_silver_SS (see edit history)

OMG that is expensive, you can pick up a K&N or AEM for alot less then that.......

Yeah but I'm a firm believer in the enclosed intakes so they dont suck in the hot air the engine puts off. The Volants I found were $300 but I think the Banks might be a little better than the Volant so maybe its worth the extra $60 idk.

I am also a firm believer in the airbox being totally enclosed. I wont even go with Volant because the side is open on both systems they offer (nanofiber and oiled filters and airboxes). Im just going to add the Volant scoop up the stock airbox and try to make it as airtight as possible. Then replace the stock paper filter with an AEM filter (I dont like oiled filters).

Ive heard some good things about the banks CAI but ive also heard of some people steer away from it because its so expensive. I agree on having the enclosed filter is a good design that way it keeps hot air out bit I personally could justify spending almost 400 bucks to gain only a few horses so I just bought the spectre CAI from summit and Im just going to put a good K&N filter on it. The spectre is the same thing as the AEM minus the AEM's dryflow filter, and It was the first thing I put on my truck and I noticed a big difference with it even more so than the airaid CAI I had on my other silverado. Basically in the end pretty much all the CAIs do the same thing and I dont think youd notice to much difference between any of them if you have the 400 bucks and dont mind spending that much for a few horses then I say go for it! Banks does make good stuff!