Sunroof Help

angels05ss

So I did some research and I guess I'm not the only with sunroof issues/flying off and shattering.after going back and forth with my insurance company they decided to pay for it.my next concern is where would be the best place to take it too and get it replaced with a good warranty to go with it.chevy stealership or a custom shop??

I'm jealous that you have a sunroof and I don't so I'm refusing any advice! :)

Honestly, I'd go to the dealership. If something were to happen in the future you would have a better course of action with the dealer as compared to a private party shop.

Just my gut feeling.

Jim.

So I did some research and I guess I'm not the only with sunroof issues/flying off and shattering.after going back and forth with my insurance company they decided to pay for it.my next concern is where would be the best place to take it too and get it replaced with a good warranty to go with it.chevy stealership or a custom shop??

falling off?banghead.gifughdance.gifconfused.gif i have a sun roof what happens?

falling off?banghead.gifughdance.gifconfused.gif i have a sun roof what happens?

Read this thread, alot of us have the problem shown in it. This is how it begins, if it goes un-noticed, say goodbye to the glass.....

http://www.silveradoss.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=56270

Read this thread, alot of us have the problem shown in it. This is how it begins, if it goes un-noticed, say goodbye to the glass.....

http://www.silveradoss.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=56270

Damn I need to check mine when I get home. That sucks! Did you ever get your fixed?

Damn I need to check mine when I get home. That sucks! Did you ever get your fixed?

No, parts and labor would be over $1500 in order to have the dealer fix it. I pulled the main fuse under the hood, so now it is a skylight. I miss opening the sunroof, but couldn't justify spending that kind of money to fix it just for it to break again in the future, I have more important things to spend it on. If you are in warranty, then you have nothing to lose, take it in and get it fixed.....

No, parts and labor would be over $1500 in order to have the dealer fix it. I pulled the main fuse under the hood, so now it is a skylight. I miss opening the sunroof, but couldn't justify spending that kind of money to fix it just for it to break again in the future, I have more important things to spend it on. If you are in warranty, then you have nothing to lose, take it in and get it fixed.....

Yea I'm good until sep 2011 I'm taking it in for sure

No, parts and labor would be over $1500 in order to have the dealer fix it. ...

That's a major pisser; too bad you weren't closer, I have a friend that has a CNC machine in his garage, we could craft a replacement set of arms from billet.

Mr. P.