Help Me Choose

justanother

I've not seen the Kooks product; that said...

I have installed the SW headers and they are a top-notch header (great fitment) but the mid-pipes consist of a lot of small tubing sections held in with a bunch of band-clamps and the first time you install all this hardware it won't leak but on subsequent re-installs they will weep some noise. One vehicle that we installed SW headers & Corsa sport on was a TBSS, and the sound at normal driving and cruise was really nice but at WOT the cylinder-to-cylinder pulsing was so strong that you could feel each exhaust pulse of the primaries in the floorboard, not just a little but I mean rhythmic vibration like a SOB (!) and in all the cars I've been around in my 25-years that's the only one which ever did that, it was sexy as hell, very memorable and just addictive, just WOW amazing; it only did that at WOT. I love 'feeling' an engine really working...

Since you are shopping for a premium exhaust system, I would also consider the American Racing Headers product, I have ARH system in my truck and love it, the SW product is very nice but the ARH craftsmanship and materials is just an entire level better for really not that much more money IMO, especially when you look at the collectors and construction of the mid-pipes and the reinstall is a dream with the ARH, and they don't leak later! In the end, each of these systems are expensive, the ARH is the best value for the money IMO, but I would not be embarrased AT ALL to run the SW headers, a great set of pipes. Sizing - yeah, I could see using a good set of 1-3/4" primaries on a N/A 5.3L; I would still run a 3" collector & plumbing to the catback.

Mr. P. :)

Edited by Mr. P. (see edit history)

The only reason I was not considering ARH is because when I looked the ARH's were $200 more. I just found a website that has them for the same price I could get the SW's and kooks. I think I will go with the ARH's. Thanks for the input everybody!

You won't be sorry - I highly endorse the product, great craftsmanship and love the collector design.

Mr. P.

The only reason I was not considering ARH is because when I looked the ARH's were $200 more. I just found a website that has them for the same price I could get the SW's and kooks. I think I will go with the ARH's. Thanks for the input everybody!

And that website is....................... :lurk: