Gmc Syclone Update!

Quinnster

Well, I haven't been over to SilveradoSS.com for a while now so I thought I would come and check in! I've been spending a lot of time workin on my truck and over at SyTy.net learning what I can about the Syclone!

So far I have had to replace the transmission lines since when it was serviced by the previous owner they were cut and put back together which created a tranny leak which could lead to fire! second head gaskets were replaced due to oil leaking around them. The inter cooler had to be remounted with brackets that were quite hard to find, since the last owner didn't have it mounted at all and was just held on by the intake tube which would blow off under boost! Replaced the whole secondary ignition system since a few wires were melted, plugs were old, and could use a cap and rotor anyways. Also got 4 new Bilstien shocks and Installed a rear sway bar witch absolutely impresses the S**T outta me how well the thing handles through corners going double the speed limit... while accelerating!!!

Up to come are the new wheels and tires to be mounted tomorrow, which are Z06 replicas which I think will look quite nice and prevent me from breaking another $500 piece of cladding due to the front wheels sticking out a couple inches and hitting a bump! This weekend I'm pulling off the bed to replace the fuel pump, clean the frame, get the spare tire out, and remount the bed on straight since it is further to one side for some odd reason...

Started on the stereo system which consists of a very old school pioneer primer p-88 deck which required a separate tuner, amp, and audio processor, since it was the audiophile deck of the early 90's and fit the interior of the Syclone nicely! Now I am starting on the woofer box and amp mounting location so I can try to keep it relatively stock looking.

also got a 160 degree T-stat, fog lights (which I cant get to work yet..) and New POWER mirrors with the wiring harness and controls outta a Typhoon which bolts right in and improves the look of the truck a lot over the "big Elephant ears!"

I seriously didn't expect this truck to be as amazing as it is, which is probably why I have already dropped a good amount of $ into it and am not slowing down. Up to come when I recouped a bit of my money would pretty much just be a tonneau cover and a new paint job since there are some chips n' such in the paint.

Anyways, one day I am still wanting an SS, to replace the Syclone as a DD eventually, but gonna try to make a few more $ first and get it all dialed in.

Just figured I would check in and let you know my progress and see how everyone is doing! and I'll post up better pictures in a couple days when I get the new wheels and tires on!

Also the first picture was taken by a member of the SyTy fourm who saw me at a car show as he was leaving and I found my pic on SyTy's website under the "storm watch" section asking who moved into town with a Syclone and everyone already knew who I was and where I bought it ect... HAHA!

IMG_1925.jpg

IMG_0262.jpg

The bad pictures of the new mirrors

IMG_0312.jpg

IMG_0311.jpg

oe-vette-zo7-s-p-2y.jpg

New wheels that go on Tomorrow!

IMG_0243.jpg

IMG_0241.jpg

IMG_0228.jpg

IMG_0224.jpg

And this isn't my truck, but my favorite picture!!!

24.jpg

Edited by Quinnster (see edit history)