Gmc Syclone Update!

Quinnster

I always thought chevy should have made a cyclone version in the newer bodied s10, I guess the extreme was their attempt at it but... thumbsdown.gif

Looks like you got a nice one, very clean for its age, and I bet its pretty quick too

I know a couple people over at SyTy.net take a 4x4 S10, put extreme cladding on it, change out the transfer case and drop in the Sy motor. Its actually pretty cool!

I think it looks fantastic! Personally, I would consider dropping it a little. Love those wheels! :cheers:

Mr. P. :)

I know, I am considering it. I haven't looked into how to do it yet, since I haven't had a torsion bar suspension before. I would assume a drop spindle, or would that require changing keys? I'm looking more for performance over looks of course which is why I haven't dropped it yet since I don't want to do it the wrong way. There is a very nice kit a company make to convert front and rear to QA1 coil overs, which is what to do but I can't afford 2K for that quite yet..

Also I love the wheels, but the old ones cornered quite a bit better. Both wheels setups were 17's, but I used to have 315 width in the rear, and now I have 265 which is still wider than stock. also the fronts had a wider stance which probably also helped out a bit with cornering. Old setup was Goodyear Eagle tires. I got the Continental Extreme contact DW tires which came extremely highly rated, ride nice, don't grab every crack in the road when slowing down, but seem like they flex too much in the corners... Looks awesome, but I kinda feel like I downgraded in a way, haha!

Edited by Quinnster (see edit history)

Looking good I am working on a 93 typhoon right now for a customer. Full forged engine vortec heads 60-1 turbo should be a blast when it's done.

Yea! sounds like it should be a beast! Be sure to put up a couple pics. Is the guy a part of SyTy.net by any chance?