New audio system installed

CraigW

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The main install of the amp and sub is easy its hooking up the Vendetta II to the bose so you get a line level for the amp. If your not in to vehicle wiring go to a sound shop and have them install it. As for the carbon fiber I got the kit on ebay for $150 its 31 peices I think. For the remote bass control I used the old carbon fiber cover from my volant intake to make the mounting face. It fits nice I you take out the useless bin in that hole.

looks great. i am sure it sounds good to. the only thing that i would have done it nix the autoibahn cover plate on the bass knob. it is were just the knob there...i think it would look better...i always used to mount those right under the steering column, so they could not be seen...

but then again why listen to me, i don't even have a stereo...anymore... :wtf:

Looks very nice....I replaced all of my BOSE speakers with MB Quarts...To answer that question about amping the BOSE or not...i would personally just recommend replacing them...but thats just me....I currently have 3 10'' JL10w6 subwoofers with 1200.1 amp pushing them and 800.4 pushing my MB Quarts...I am in the process of having the JL StealthBox put inside my front center console so I will be able to add 10w3v2 up front so Ill have 4 tens while still retaining my factory seat and have the correct air space.....I cant wait to hear what it sounds like with a hole nother sub....but your set up looks very nice, also I like yorus cuz the amp is mounted in themiddle, I have so many amps you can see the drywall screws when u look in between my tailgate and my cab :) czu the amps are mounted on teh back wall....

nice job thouhg it looks good!

• 2003 Black SS, 24'' Asanti AF121 3 Piece Forged Wheels, 305.35.24 Kuhmo tires,3 JL10W6 woofers in ported box, Kicker 1200.1 amp, kicker 800.4 amp, 1 farad, 45 feet of dynamat, Panasonic CQ-VAD7200U MP3/DVD Screen,2 sets of 3/way MB Quart Component Speakers, Custom Door Panels to house MB Quarts, Flowmaster Duel Exhaust, One Rock-One ****-One Chipped rear window, one Key one scratch many hours in the body shop with dear friend!,

Looks very nice....I replaced all of my BOSE speakers with MB Quarts...To answer that question about amping the BOSE or not...i would personally just recommend replacing them...but thats just me....I currently have 3 10'' JL10w6 subwoofers with 1200.1 amp pushing them and 800.4 pushing my MB Quarts...I am in the process of having the JL StealthBox put inside my front center console so I will be able to add 10w3v2 up front so Ill have 4 tens while still retaining my factory seat and have the correct air space.....I cant wait to hear what it sounds like with a hole nother sub....but your set up looks very nice, also I like yorus cuz the amp is mounted in themiddle, I have so many amps you can see the drywall screws when u look in between my tailgate and my cab :) czu the amps are mounted on teh back wall....

nice job thouhg it looks good!

• 2003 Black SS, 24'' Asanti AF121 3 Piece Forged Wheels, 305.35.24 Kuhmo tires,3 JL10W6 woofers in ported box, Kicker 1200.1 amp, kicker 800.4 amp, 1 farad, 45 feet of dynamat, Panasonic CQ-VAD7200U MP3/DVD Screen,2 sets of 3/way MB Quart Component Speakers, Custom Door Panels to house MB Quarts, Flowmaster Duel Exhaust, One Rock-One ****-One Chipped rear window, one Key one scratch many hours in the body shop with dear friend!,

DUDE, how did you get 3 w6s in there in a PORTED box??? you gotta post pics!!!

Ryan the Control knob doesnt come off the front and then there was no way to mount the control. Also you wouldn't have any marks to know were you have the control set plus I can reach the control from the steering wheel...

Archived