Got Racing Stripes? Lets See Em'!

I have a ram air hood (GHG 117 by Keystone, to be exact) on order should be here soon; and I'm certain on getting racing stripes...just don't know which kind I should get. I know I want wide and on top of the roof and tailgate for sure. Don't know about on top the roof, or bumbers etc (think thats more for ford/dodge guys) So if you have stripes post em!!!! Thanks for the ideas!

I dont have stripes... but from my own personal preference, I'd do them like the RST trucks.

If you ever look at the classic gm drag stripes (which I'm guessing you may want to mimic), they started and stopped in the same areas as the RST trucks (not down to bumpers or across tailgates). Going down the tailgate is just too much stripe I think.

heres the other topic about strips

http://www.silveradoss.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=65874

heres my strips...flat black..with a 70 chevelle strip... i dont personaly like strips on the bumper or roofs...chevy never did a strip that way so i think thats the most tastefull way of doin it..but some people have different taste..so to each and there own

IMG00088-20100929-1134.jpg

IMG00057-20100903-1448.jpg

I dont know how brand loyal you are, but from what i can recall when Chevrolet did do racing stripes, they never did the roof. that was a furd and dodge thing. Its your truck and all, and some ppl do it, just food for thought

Edited by Badkarma (see edit history)

I bought it as is on march 26, 2010 from a chevrolet dealer in California after my black 2003 SSS was stowlen from my work place near the Houston Galleria area on February 3, 2010.

My 03 SSS was founded at local flea market **different vin# and different license plate on May 26, 2010**Thanks to an HPD auto theft investigation.